Weed killed their healthy young man

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dabs710, Aug 19, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. #2 justsomejohn, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Post Removed

2. I hate to say this, but it looks as though they are looking for something to blame this unfortunate happening on, or were paid to blame it on smoking weed. Just looks that way to me, personally.

Regretfully,
    mike

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Energy drinks cause hearts to pop all the time doubt it was the weed

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. That whole article is a one-sided diatribe against pot and not worth the 2 min it took me to read it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nothing in the article would suggest that cannabis was the actual cause. I feel bad for the family, but they're just looking for any reason at all to point at here.

6. A pot loving 22 year old's heart stopped, end of story. Was he on other street drugs or abusing prescriptions? Did he have an undetected heart issue? Mr Ziobro's grieving parents are trying to blame something, and pot was a convenient scapegoat. Possible, yes, but very improbable.

Large doses of THC raise the heart rate, but not to levels beyond taking a jog or doing other cardio. You can't eliminate 100% of risk from everything. If there's a .0000001 % chance of dying from cannabis use, it's not going to dissuade me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. He had to have been on more than just pot. I bet he was on something like LSD or Heroin as well because pot just does not kill you unless somehow you manage to have an allergic reaction to which I ran though my computer and the results of having an allergic reaction to pot came out "NOT DAMN FUCKITY LIKELY!"

8. Yeah sorry for the sons death, that sucks.

But not sorry for the parent's who are looking for a scapegoat, more than likely money too and I'm sure some dbag politician is fulfilling that need to push his big pharma drugs where he holds millions in investment.

What's sad is they'll probably be hired to go talk in schools and spread these lies (or opinions at the least) which have no scientific proof backing it.

I don't know what they're teaching journalism student's in school but opinionistic writing has no place in the medical field

• Like Like x 2
  9. That's bs too. Sure caffeine has it's dangers but it's actually pretty safe. The fear of energy drinks is soccer mom hysteria from individuals that 9 times out of 10 do far more damage to their body with alcohol than even the most committed caffeine drinker would do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sad to hear for their family.

Maybe not the weed but what about the smoke? Seriously that's something hard to argue with. By no means is smoke in your body good at all. Actually leading to heart problems, lung problems, etc.

It's unfortunate what happened but it's more likely a mix of several things. I don't like the fact that it seems marijuana is the culprit and it's more or less just an "excuse." I mean honestly people die all the time. Especially from heart attacks which seem like they come out of no where. All ages, ethnicity, social classes, you name it. Heart attacks are a chink in our armor, albeit an unfixable one.(natural and will always occur)

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. They blame the weed and then several times in the article it says they have no proof. Smh...

12. agree more chance of a roof tile landing on your head than weed killing you

13. LOL@ lumping LSD in with heroin.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. And Israel hospitals use volcano vaporizers in the rooms for patients with heart issues ... it's their number one use they have found to work with using cannabis vaporizer therapy..

15. What a load of shit! I'm sorry that happened but, blaming plants is a problem for society and creates false images of what cannabis really is and what it does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You are right caffeine in large does is very harmful to your central nervous system.

17. I've provided care for at least 4 people with no previous medical history I can think of off the top of my head whose hearts became arrhythmic after excessively consuming energy drinks, one was DOA but the others ended up okay in time.

I've had more cases than that involving energy drinks but those usually involved some precipitating conditions such as epilepsy or some congenital heart defect/arrhythmia, I remember 3 winding up dead from their conditions mixed with the energy drinks. One grand mal seizing upon arrival before he stopped breathing then expired, one DOA, and another died in the ambulance. Have had multiple calls where we show up and they're arrhythmic but they ended up alright.

All these people though, drank in excess, some with alcohol involvement but not even half that. One guy had 14 jaeger bombs, another drank 8-9 red bulls in an 8 hour period. Caffeine can be very dangerous. Not to mention, these energy drinks are terrible for your kidneys, they will form stones like you wouldn't believe.

Really they're absolutely terrible the whole way around, not really that much more than soda with caffeine and some b vitamins added. Coffee might be a healthier alternative for an energy boost lol. I drink energy drinks myself, I need my NOS, gets me through the long nights. I try to keep it to one a day,

To the OP.
    I've had geriatric patients live their entire lives with heart defects, bad valves, arrhythmias, holes in the walls, improperly formed linings. There is no telling what caused his heart to stop if they didn't even autopsy. The parents aren't going to be forthcoming with their sons lifestyle regardless, they want him to be remembered as an innocent, upstanding, young man who was deceived into the grave; when in reality he may have been a depressive hardcore gamer with lots of problems that chugged caffeine and ate like shit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've heard of people getting sick though from smoking weed that was grown using pesticides.

19. Yeah I fucked up on my original post. I'm not saying there's no danger I'm just sick of people acting like if you drink normal amounts of energy drinks or whatever that it's on par with hardcore drugs. Of course if you drink way more than the daily recommended limit regularly you're an idiot and asking for trouble.

I just feel kinda apathetic towards the whole thing because I know there's ingredients in just about anything we buy that is studied and proven to be dangerous unless you just eat expensive organic hipster food that tastes like grass or grow your own vegetables and stuff.