Weed Is No Longer Decriminalized In My State...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by patriotplayer90, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Talk about one step forward, two steps back. It seemed as if the backwards state of TN was finally coming to their senses, and people could enjoy a completely tame, safe, completely widespread "drug" without the fear of excessive repercussions.

Now the senator, governor, or whatever the title of the political tool who is on the payroll of pharmaceutical companies is, has decided that weed was evil, and the use of which should be a punishable offense.

Giving the cops permission to use their judgement as to whom should be given a minor citation would invoke prejudice, racism, and other unspeakable acts. Instead of excusing everyone under the threshold of the carrying capacity of marijuana, he decided anyone who has a speckle of weed on them is a criminal.

Living in the South is awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I live like 20 minutes from TN in western NC where it is still decriminalized. I didn't even know until now that it was decriminalized there in the first place and I've always felt way more sketched out smoking in TN than I do here. About a month ago I went on a nice day drive to Knoxville and took the back way home instead of I-40 and smoked the whole way and while it wasn't too sketchy I definitely felt a bit more nervous than I would have taking similar roads here.

I've got friends up in Johnson City as well and they are always taken off guard when I pull out a bowl because they are pretty much only confortable going outside of the house with joints and never take a bowl anywhere.

Edit: You guys at least get to play with fireworks! I could be charged with a felony for bringing them back into the state haha.

3. It sucks that one, or a handful of people have the power to decide this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. in my state of VA, we can play with fireworks but not the big fireworks. People still smuggle them in from other states anyways all the time.

5. threads like this make me want to live in California for the rest of my life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Same here in NC for the most part. We can buy the generic stuff like sparklers and fountains but to get the good stuff like bottle rockets, firecrackers, and full on professional mortar fireworks I have to go to TN of SC. I go up to VA a lot and I always feel way more sketched out about weed there for some reason unless I'm in Richmond which seems a bit more chill about it.

7. Everyday I wake up in NC is another day I could be somewhere that doesn't suck. I guess I could be in Alabama or something shittier like that haha.

8. Yeah, VA busts a lot of people for weed, at least southern VA. Northern VA seems to be a little more laxed about it. And my odd county seems especially okay with it in southern VA. I've heard of many cops, and even probation officers, who were totally fine with weed in my town.