Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed is killing me

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OchotheStone, Jan 13, 2016.

1. The ring and pinky finger on my left hand were cut open down to the bone directly on the line where the fingers meet the palm. The tendons and nerves were completely sliced apart. I had surgery and it was "healed" i went to physical therapy for it and i began to get movement and feeling back.That was 6 years ago. Now for the past year whenever i smoke its begins to feel all numb and cold and sometimes it hurts. yesterday was really bad and i didnt even smoke more than half a gram. but i was freaking out. i thought i was going to die cause the pain was really bad. so i decided to lay down and try to sleep it away but that didnt end up well cause my heart was beating really fast and yes i know weed increases your heart rate but this was different my heart felt heavy and with every pump it hurt like a burning sensation. and then i couldnt breathe.. i dont understand whats happening something is telling me not to smoke weed but i see everybody else so happy with it. i just wish someone could help. anyone out there plz????

2. Could you post a picture of your herb? Asside from (maybe) the heart sensation, the effects you're describing are quite unusual coming from weed alone. The difficulty breathing is most likely an adverse effect of smoke inhalation. My number one suggestion is to try vaporizing. The particles in smoke are known to cause unwanted side effects-- from dizziness, to vascular discomfort-- which could also explain the pain in your finger. Hopefully this is somewhat helpful, just rest assure that cannabis cannot "kill you." You'd have to consume 40,000 the average single dose of a medical patient, and even then the risk of death would only be 50%. Keep that in mind and try to focus on the positive effects of weed.

3. Steven I know ita not the weed cause I smoke the same stuff with other people at the same time and they have no bad effects. And herban what are you talking about I don't care about politics

4. I'm horrified.

5. i think you should stop with the weed..
    it doesn't seem to agree with you.

6. Lets be clear. There has never been a recorded overdose death. That doesn't mean that someone hasn't had severe allergic reactions and died. That doesn't mean its the herbs fault, unfortunately said person/people were allergic. Idk if thats whats going on with you.

Again unfortunately for you, unless you're in a "legal" state, you're kinda screwed for a proper diagnoses as blood work and medical test are about the only sure fire way to tell whats going on.
    If you're using it for pain, try a tincture. If you're using it for sleep, try an edible, tea, or cap. As my dad used to say there's more than 1 way to skin a goat.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. But if it continues why risk yourself?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I have tendon and nerve damage, approx. 15 years ago. I still have days when they go numb and or pain, Your doctor im sure told you that this will continue for years, Sometimes nerves never fully recoup other times they do, but its a long drawn out process. Its most likely the weed buzz makes these feelings stronger then usual and your getting your self all worked up with paranoia.
    Sounds to me like you were heading into a panic attack. Its all in your head dude. the weed didn't do it. you did.
    But fact is if its not enjoyable don't smoke it. It really is that simple.