Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed is a waste of money?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jeffersong808, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Every tell me but weird thing is when weed is proven to extent ur life, gives u peace and happiness, when u can't stand life its gives u legs to moves on, helps the sick with.cancer and etc...so can u but a price on happiness? Especially one with so much benefits.. I can't ..... Also rather spends 300 a oz on weed...rather than dig a whole with beer in my sorrows and kill my liver like my mom has.. so no love and.happiness is priceless..

2. "Well thats just like, your opinion man."

3. Well, before you get yourself too down, consider what you USE cannabis for.

Cannabis seems "cheap as fuck" to me when compared to the issues that an addiction to alcohol could bring on, which many view alcohol as the "cheap as fuck" legal alternative. In the long run, it sometimes isn't.

Cannabis seems "cheap as fuck" to me when compared to a shrink at $200 an hour. $200 worth of weed can last me a fuck of a lot longer than an hour, and I'll probably feel better about myself and whatever situations I may face from day to day in this crazy world.

Cannabis seems "cheap as fuck" when compared to spending hundreds a month on medical insurance, only to find yourself horribly physically addicted to pain killers...yet another "cheap as fuck" legal alternative available today that isn't worth the cost in the long run.

It's all relative my friend. Don't beat yourself up too bad for the costs of an open mind, for that value can be priceless. :smoke:

4. Same goes for world of warcraft, look at how many people play that. In fact, all entertainment is useless if you think about it. A film will not help your survival by any means but it is sure as hell entertaining.

EDIT: I am looking at weed as a source of entertainment, I won't even begin compairing it to other medications...lol.

5. It makes you feel great. How is it a waste of money? If you want to get technical hats are a waste of money. Anything you dont need is a waste of money. Beer is a waste of money. Video games are a waste of money. Video games are fun right? Being high is fun and + it helps me. It helps me because it makes me see shit a whole different way. If i have problems in my life weed makes me see the problem in a different way and i can solve the problem better. This is only with sativa dom strains though :smoke:

6. Weed for me is like a friend giving you advise about life. Your seeing your problems differently.

7. I understand there's a handful of responsible stoners, but it's not common.

MOST stoners are do not care about any health benefits or any of that. It's a cool buzz.

But why is a weeks worth of cannabis above $100?

I'm not against cannabis (obviously) but I'm against the prices.

8. #29 RememberTheName, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Be like aight..

I guess I'll start buying crack...

Why get money..

If not to spend money?

9. ive never touched anything but weed. aside from one shot of rum.

10. OK, now since we've established that you use cannabis purely for entertainment purposes, compare the prices of cannabis to any other ILLEGAL* substance that you could use for recreation. Is it all that much more expensive?

Somehow I seriously doubt you're gonna find the same value from a $10 crack rock as you would $10 worth of weed (not to mention the physical issues with just about any other drug).

* = ah, reason we all pay so damn much...in case it wasn't obvious.

11. All depends if you let it be, if you spend every dime on it then yeah that's kind of fiend-ish but as long as you know your limits your fine. I think it all depends, when you have to buy it from other people then it's fine do what you have too, but compared to growing your own it's a waste of money to buy from other people. But we all have to wait until we have our own place for that so just do it in moderation and be smart about it, I.E don't let your friends smoke up all your weed in one day.

12. When I'm out of bud I usually rip up $100 bills and stick them in my bong. Same effect.

13. yeah no joke lol, one of my friends gave me $50 worth of an unmentionable once for helping him out. I planned to sell it to someone else but I would never spend $50 on it myself so I said why not. It was when I was younger and not as health conscious and branched out a little more, did it all in one night. It was an experience for sure, but yeah $50 of weed if they're dub sacks could possibly last me a month of more lol

14. I look at it this way: $10 of weed gets me high 3 times. In lower-mainland BC, however, $10 can't get you a 6 pack of beer. A 6 pack of Budweiser alone would cost around $12. So that being said, the money that your friends mostlikely spend on alcohol to get drunk exceeds what you would spend to get high.

15. Oh yeah definitely, I don't like drinking. But I turned 21 and a few weekends ago I said why not, I bought two 6 packs of jack daniels beer, or I guess it was beer it was a 6 pack anyway. And yeah I drank with a friend, it was terrible lol I don't like feeling dumbed down. Marijuana helps you think about things, and just is wonderful. Alcohol just has you feeling real loose and you don't really think about anything, plus tastes nasty. I think being a Vegan as well I felt the effects a little harder because I felt bad for the next two or 3 days, not like a hangover but I just didn't feel right. Those two six packs also cost me $17 I felt stupid for wasting the money after that lol, 25 of bud lasts me atleast a few days if not a week, that's depending on if it's 25 a gram though. A dub sack lasts me really long, atleast 2 weeks.

16. so are video games, big TVs, sports cars, "cool" clothing, ect......no one needs any of that crap.

17. technically everything is a waste of money

18. I've actually been sober for quite some time... My use was mostly for social anxiety.

$10 can get me plenty of fruits and snacks, $10 gives me a few hours high.

19. Tell them that their hobbies are a waste of money also. Weed definitely is not a waste of money.