Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed induced anxiety help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Toker420420, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hey guys,

I’m new to this forum so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I’ve been smoking weed for around 6 years now and for as long as I can remember I’ve had this same issue.
    Basically what it is, is that almost every time I get high I get a strange feeling in and around my ass area almost like a tingling/burning/itch that doesn’t go away. It really makes me want to stop smoking as when I’m high I get terrible anxiety about what’s causing it and end up worrying that it’s something serious.

Part of me puts it down to my health anxiety that I have, I’ve read that anxiety can cause all sorts of strange feelings but part of me is worried that it’s something serious.
    I’ve been to the doctors and been checked and stuff but it’s always there when I’m high. I’ve never read anything about anyone suffering anything similar so I’m pretty confused as to what it is.

Can anyone help???

2. Your just going all hypochondriac

3. Im definitely no doctor, but maybe there is some sort of hemorrhoid issue. You could only really notice it when you high because of the extra sensitivity. I only heard of this with drinking alcohol though. I myself have a anxiety disorder. Even when drinking 1 mixed beverage socially i noticed something like that myself. I no longer get that feel that i have noticed. possibly since im no longer "scared" of the alcohol in the way i used too.
    Don't let the anxiety control your actions in irrational ways. Get up and go for a long walk alone and think about the things that bother you. Think about why they actually should or shouldn't matter be rational with yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  4. That sounds pretty much right - I only ever feel it when I’m high and the more I think about it the worse it gets.

5. its kinda like a anxiety swirl your thoughts get the best of you. Then you continue to go down because your contemplating the bad with such intense thought. When im high my mind feel a little more open and my thoughts run wild. catching onto a bad thought and building on it is easier then riding a good one. I usually need to distract myself with something like good company, or a distracting game(zombies atm), a really good show/movie, or cleaning/exercising.
    How i distract myself usually depends on whats bringing me down. If its people i find a way to be alone well i do something else. If its feeling unwanted or alone i find people to be with even if its just being with family. If i feel useless and cannot do anything at all i will turn on the tv finish a show or movie. That will give me a slight accomplishment feeling i can try to ride out of my pit so i can get up and accomplish more. You must always remember that your mind is your own and only you can control it. take note at who is trying to write your guidelines is it you or others? does smoking pot bother you or someone else? and if all else fails and smoking the green is what makes you feel this way then it could be time to set it down.

However everyone is a little different. This is just a bit of how i deal with my issues as of right now.
    If you wanna talk a little more private feel free to Pm me.

• Like Like x 1