Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed grilled cheese?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Glassworks, Jul 21, 2011.

1. #1 Glassworks, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    I was thinking, grilled cheese has tons of fat, all the butter and cheeese, so if i just tossed some nugs in a grilled cheese and cookedthat shit up would it work?

Ok so heres the recipe i will be using

1 Gram finely chopped cannabis (Dank)
    2 slices of plain white wonder bread
    2 slices of american cheese
    3 tbsp. of salted butter
    1/4 clove of garlic
    possibly some vegetable oil on the bread too for extra absorbtion.

Going to wrap the whole thing in tin foil and throw it onto an open barbecue for a slow cook, probably 10 min on each side if it goes according to plan

Think it'll work? i plan on doing this later tonight or tomorrow depending on when i have the oppurtunity

EDIT: this will most likely be done tomorrow, because i just ate dinner and im full as fuck and don't wanna eat anymore lol :smoke: but ill update the thread once im done and let yall know if it works

2. You'd have to get it hot enough. Maybe with some super thick bread and put it all in the oven. Heavily buttered.

3. i wanna try this!1

let me know how it works.

4. im thinking a tbsp of butter on each side, and two slices of cheese, but i was thinking of using just a frying pan, or maybe a barbecue lol?

5. or grilled cheese.... with barbecue?

6. I was just thinking about trying this, so im excited to see if it works. How much weed do you plan on putting into it?

7. about a gram of danks

8. i love grilled cheese, and if you make this happen, share the secret!

9. omg.. with barbeque?

that could either be the best shit ever..

or

the shittiest disaster.

10. you should just make cannabutter first and then just make grilled cheese with the cannabutter

water cure the weed first so it tastes like yummy grilled cheese and not burnt bongwater cheese.

11. #11 BadKittySmiles, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    You should read how a good canna oil is made, so you can understand how your cheese and bread would be likely be ruined and unpalatable, long before you achieved bioavailability. If you only heat it enough to melt the cheese inside and make a relatively normal looking, tasty sandwich, even at ten minutes per side it's not going to do much at all to the basically 'raw' canna inside. :)

The decarb and activation takes about 20 - 30 minutes in and of itself. Then, it takes up to several hours at a gentle 200+f in order to promote bioavailability after it's been activated. And this is in a pure oil source... if your edible solvent is diluted, its efficiency is not what it could be, and the process will take even longer to complete.

Once you learn the mechanics behind edible cannabis, then you can start experimenting with the less effective 'worst-case-scenario' edibles that may not have recipes to guide you, unlike the highly documented firecracker. When you understand how it works, you can get creative without risking so much loss or waste of available potency.
    The processing methods you use, are more important than the quality and quantity of bud you use.. it may be great stuff, and you can use 4 times a normal edible dose, but you'll feel almost nothing at all, if improperly processed.

Unless you have enough herb laying around to spare, that you don't mind letting the majority of your potency go to waste, it's better if you make yourself an oil. Then, you can just drizzle it on your cheese, close the sandwich, and make as usual.

Whatever gets you buzzed when made incorrectly, is probably enough to get you sky-high 3 or 4 times, when processed properly.

See the link below, to learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion.. decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

In the above link, you will also find tutorials for:

Capsules...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna 'Bombs'...

[​IMG]

Glowing candy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main courses...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soup...

[​IMG]

Many desserts, even Jello...

[​IMG]

Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UV/Glowing Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Ice Cream...

[​IMG]

And among the many others, there are of course the old favorites, brownies and cookies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And more...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of the above recipes and tutorials, are in the link. Have fun, and good luck! :)

12. I thought this may be good to post here, too, since the question was relevant to the thread and maybe others were curious why the process works a bit better with a firecracker (hope you don't mind!). :)

"A grilled cheese sandwich is larger than a small firecracker, the heat is going to reach the center of a dense sandwich much later, and heat the herb itself at a lower temperature, for a much shorter period of time, because it's so much larger.

A firecracker is also put inside a pre-heated oven, at 350+ degrees. This is so the center reaches at least the 250 f range for the better part of the process (I believe most folks recommend at least 25 - 30 minutes, and even letting it sit for a day or two after for the best effect), and even then this is still less processing, much shorter time-wise, and less efficient, than a properly made oil.

And that's how the firecracker works (and still, sometimes they don't work for people with a decent tolerance).
    If you're cooking a grilled cheese sandwich in a more airy-environment, primarily only heating each side for only ten minutes, it's a long way from even beginning the process of activation, or promoting bioavailability.

What you'll mostly get is a buzz from what was already available, almost as though you hadn't processed it at all. A large amount of fat being present upon consumption, will help you absorb some of the glandular material that came into contact with any oil, but the rest is 'in one end, and out the other'... a bit like some vegatables.

Cannabis glandular material is notoriously hard for the body to break down and absorb, even after it's 'sticky' and free from the trichome itself. Your body can only draw so much, from such resistant glandular material, without adequate processing.

So it's not to say that it won't work at all; it's more, that if you fully processed whatever amount you need, to achieve a single decent dose in a 'worst-case-scenario' edible, you could instead get multiple doses from that same amount, each with a more powerful effect.

If you still want to try it, I don't want to discourage you [​IMG] Just try to control your heat in such a way that you have it pretty warm (a bit more than 'too warm to touch', if you're not using a heat source with a temp-gauge), but also in such a way that you don't ruin your bread or cheese. Try to maintain that heat for at least 40 - 60 minutes or so, to be sure the middle gets nice and hot for a good long period of time. (Alternately, you could experiment with using a smaller cracker, and reduce the heating time slightly.)

What I also recommend constantly for folks who need discreet results (this works for firecrackers, and other 'worst-case-scenario' edibles), is that you prep your herb ahead of time by grinding, then soaking it in just a tiny amount of oil, just to 'loosen up' your glandular material.

A small glass jar is fine for this, (decarb first if possible) just gently dampen the herb in a pure oil such as olive, grapeseed, or canola, cover and store; the longer you do so in advance (a day, or up to a week or more), the better your results.

Hope this helps. [​IMG] "