Weed Dudes AMARE HI-LED Adventure- Revolution to Revelation

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Weed Dude, Jul 25, 2015.

1. #1 Weed Dude, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
    Hey Fellow Resin Thumber's

Welcome to the AMARE Hi- LED GROW Journal. We have gone from the Revolution to Revelation. This journal is going to feature the NEW AMARE Solar Eclipse 220 and an upgraded Solar Spec 260 with the Equatorial spectrum. As many have followed along on the White Light Revolution journal. Here we are going to dive into the "how to's" of growing with high intensity LED's. Let's put it through its paces and see what this light can do. We will learn together on how to best utilize this new technology!

Here it is the latest most intense and efficient HI-LED
    The Solar Eclipse 220

IMG_1326.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. I have a chair pulled up brother!!! Just ordered my second SS 150 to go into my 2x2!!! Gonna be nice in your tent brother!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome aboard!!

4. Just got mine yesterday. My first COB Will be popping Critical Mass seeds mid August

5. Subbed WD! Show off those new Amare lights!

6. Subbed... you know it! SolarSpec city!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome Aboard the Bong Bus! Can't wait to see what these AMARE's can do! Feel Free to grab a seat in the back spark one up and lets take a ride!

8. Just found out that the 5w supplement diodes surrounding the 4 COBs totals 100w, AND, they were selected to mimic spring light for optimal vegging

SWEET

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 bsless, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    Mind if I join in this revelation, sir? Bong in hand, of course:)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. BSL Grab a seat and hang on for the ride.

11. Well lets get this bus on the Road.... Cranking up some Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze and hitting the highways and byways!

Let's see what this SE-220 can do.... First stop lets see a temperature test. We set the the 220 in the middle of the tent turned on both switches with( no lenses installed).

IMG_1368.JPG

Here is where we started: We are using the standard 60 minute kitchen timer

IMG_1366.JPG IMG_1367.JPG

There was no ventilation at all the tent was completely closed up. Here we are at 30 minutes,

IMG_1369.JPG

Here we are at one hour pretty impressive! These temperature were taken on top of the light:

IMG_1370.JPG

This is what the temperature is at floor level. WOW no ventilation and running less than 10 degrees above ambient when we started.

IMG_1371.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Weed Dude, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
    In goes the Ladies!! Finally got the tent all cleaned out. Got the ladies transplanted and into their new homes. We are using Sunshine Mix #4 and Pro Mix BX with a dash of Coco Coir. A multi-blend.... In five gallon fabric pots. In 5 x 5 x 7 tent and a Green Gator carbon filter. We will be running 4 strains which are Skunk #1, White Widow, White Lights X Blueberry Diesel and Amnesia Haze X Blue Berry Diesel. The latter two are till sitting in the veg tent.

Here is the light configurstion :
    SE-220 100 x 3 W
    100 x 3 W
    SS-150 SS-260 ( upgraded to Equatorial Spectrum)

IMG_1374.JPG IMG_1375.JPG

The Skunk #1 and White Window: These went into flower unexpectedly....

IMG_1372.JPG

Here are the rest of the ladies resting in their new homes:
    ( Well there may be a few boys as the need to be sexed)
    IMG_1373.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. That's a lot of fire power for a 5 x 5. I would think the SS 260 + the SE 220 would be more than sufficient especially at this stage.

But then if your electricity is free why not lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well if I total up the watts it is about 1030 watts. It has the added bonus of a lot less heat than a 1000 watt HID system. You are correct right now I am only running the SE-220 and the SS-260. Once I get the others a little bigger I will bring them in and fire up the other lights.

15. Nice! I'm about to pre-order my 880 soon. Can't wait to get all setup. I should have my soil mixed up and baking within the next 1.5 weeks. Im subbed up and watching the show!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome RCC!

Glad to see ya grabbing seat on the bus! Your gonna love that 880 system. My ladies are loving the SE-220.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 RockCityCannabis, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    That's good to hear! I was on the fence (as usual with me when it comes to decisions) with what panel to go with. It's good to hear a positive review of the 220 to give me some encouragement! lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Peflora, Aug 6, 2015
    I too angst when spending serious $$$, especially when it comes to all the LED BS that exists to this day. I am an early adopter (some 4 years ago), who got hosed on a Burple ufo 90 ($370-ouch). It never did a thing even when I tried to use it as side lighting

I will be firing up a SE 220 in ~ 10-14 days

• Like Like x 1
  19. This! I'm getting really interested in led panel's. I've been doing alot of reading up on them. From what I learned so far, they seem to have alot of advantages over the hid's and hps. I'm just hoping as they become more popular, the prices go down. I'm getting a slow start building a 5x5 grow room in my basement. In winter, the lowest temp is around 50 degrees f. If I go with led's, I'm gonna need some kind of heater. If I use hid and hps, I dont think I'd need too. I'm wondering what would be cheaper, a heater and led's? Or hid and no heat. I'm guessing led's and a heater. I appreciate any info.
    Thanks.
    "Subbed"

20. #20 RockCityCannabis, Aug 6, 2015
    MH/HPS combo with no heater will be much cheaper than any LED panel worth using.

edit: Sorry, my statement is coming from the perspective of watts vs watts. Something told me I should come back and clarify.