Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed doesnt affect me like it used to

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Prince of Germany, Oct 8, 2013.

1. so i started smoking weed when i was 15 years old, usually once every week or so and i loved it, by the time i was 17 i was smoking every day and i could smoke as much as my lungs would let me and feel completely fine, i thought that i could just go about my daily life high (even though that was just bullshit i was telling myself) but regardless the highs were always great, i felt good and was usually really talkative etc and could just chill out. i stopped smoking weed at 18 just because i got tired of it gradually and i had some personal problems i had to sort out.

anyway now im 20 and have been smoking casually the last year, but it's a totally different experience. i usually smoke at my friends house just a little before i go on a night out (usually mixed with a few other drugs) or when i get back to just chill out and calm down. but nowadays the high just feels different, i get really fucking quiet and if i even smoke slightly too much i just zone the fuck out and lose myself in a bad way. recently its been getting better actually but im just wondering why this happened to me and if theres anything to do about it?

2. Could be different strains or your way of smoking. Try switching it up - have a fat joint instead of a few bong rips, or maybe try a vape?

Keep it new, and get some variety going with your toking.

Otherwise, take a T-break.

3. You are probably smoking some nice dank, when you were younger you were probably smoking shittier weed.

4. You just completely lost your tolerance to smoking. Your not used to what smoking feels like anymore. Also when you first started smoking were you smoking the dank you probably are now or were you smoking az or some low grade. Its gonna be a whole new experience to you until you gain your tolerance and get used to it again.

5. im definitely smoking much better weed now than when i was younger. im at university now so people bring shit from all over instead of the shittier local stuff i had.

i know all about tolerancel, but when i was younger i could just smoke a lot of weed and just get completely retarded, in a good way, nowadays if i smoke too much i go into some mini panic attack for no reason.

guess i just gotta get used to it. like i said the last few times i smoked it was really good.

This  :smoke:

7. #7 Prince of Germany, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    i only smoke joints anyway!

8. Try switching it up... Bong? Blunt? Pipe?

Sounds like maybe a T-break is your answer man!  :huh:

10. When you lose all your tolerance the highs are somewhat different at first, you'll start to get used to it though and be able to smoke yourself retarded in the good way  :bongin:

11. u lost ur tolerance. its like your a beginer now. good part is your tolerance will shoot back up quick most ikely. when i took a tbreak at 17 for 2 weeks my tolerance went back up to normal. the first high after was weird tho like u said. but only once nvr again.

Imo. the T-break was his issue. Op's tolerance is a lot lower than it used to be, thus he is experiencing cannabis different than he used to, in a more intense way. Op just toke less (amount per sesh) and more (more sesh's), before you know it you'll have built up a little more of a tolerance and find more comfortable experiences. 

13. Take some tolerance breaks. Break a sweat. Try out different strains, try out different methods of smoking. Lace with hookah sometimes?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum