Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed decarbing for cerebral or body high

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by One Blazed Man!, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Here's a tip for you guys!
    Depending on how dry your weed is and you want to make edibles with it I suggest the following:
    The temperature at which your going to decarb: 110°C
    Cerebral high: Decarb for 10-20 min
    Body high: Decarb for 20-40 min

And of course when you decarb weed, make sure that its covered with something which won't let the aroma out and then let it cool off (very important!). Then you can infuse it in fat your preferable way.

Good luck and stay medicated!

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. For most of us, thc is the stuff we want, not cbn or thc-a.
    Optimal decarb is 240 F for 40 min, 250 F for 30 min, and many more time/temp combos. Sub optimal decarb will yield more thc-a or cbn than most people want.
    The optimal decarb time for 230 F (110 C) is about 1 hour. Less than 1 hr will leave some thc-a unactivated, and more than 1 hr will convert psychoactive thc into non-psychoactive cbn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. So, decarb time affects results.
    What does "sub optimal decarb will yield more thc-a or cbn than most people want." mean?

Fine tuning for affect?

4. Most people want to maximize thc.
    Under-decarbing fails to do that because it leaves some thc unactivated.
    Over-decarbing converts some activated thc into non-psychoactive cbn.
    CBN is said to be sleepy, but my own experience is that THC is much sleepier.
    I once did a double decarb of a small amount of herb, and got jitters and insomnia.

I only did it once, because the result was horrible.
    My advice is to do an optimal decarb to get maximum sleep.
    Over-decarbing won't make it sleepier, at least it doesn't for me.
    Under-decarbed herb won't be as sleepy either.

5. That's funny, I am the opposite. THC is a huge mental stimulant for me. CBN gives me the "couch lock" effect, CBD is kind of moot for me.

As far as I know, the temps One Blazed Man (dig the reference by the way) would not actually effect THCa at all or any of the other desired cannabinoids other than CBG and a couple terpenes that could be present though not generally listed in any boiling point charts for cannabis.

Though I can surly buy that time/heat during decarb will affect the effect. CBD and CBN have a higher boiling point than THCΔ9 so it would reason, to me, a longer, hotter decarb, would degrade and convert THCΔ9 to THCΔ8 and CBN and retain a higher presence of CBD which would result in a more lethargic effect.

But, I suppose that effect, as all others, is dependent on the individual regardless of the stated effects.