Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed causing low blood pressure?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Audion, Jun 25, 2011.

1. anyone know if weed does this? because I read a post from a couple posters that says that it can, and can cause anxiety. I did a little maneuver before which supposedly raised BP, and it helped A LOT. interesting.

2. My cousin had high blood pressure and she said smoking helped.

3. man cause i was high before. i was outside smoking a cig and a bowl. I held the cig in my hand and hit the bowl, just laughing thinking this might not end well feeling a heavy chilled warm stone envelope me and I screwed it up by taking another hit. feeling good now but I felt like I missed my chance.

4. #4 Storm Crow, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
    Increased Blood Pressure Following Abrupt Cessation of Daily Cannabis Use. (abst – 2011)
    Increased Blood Pressure Following Abrupt Cessatio... [J Addict Med. 2011] - PubMed result

Further Characterization of the Time-Dependent Vascular Effects of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (full - 2006)
    Further Characterization of the Time-Dependent Vascular Effects of

Cannabis to lower blood pressure! (news - 2006)
    Cannabis to lower blood pressure!

Marijuana may be Helpful in Lowering Blood Pressure (news – 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana may be Helpful in Lowering Blood Pressure ( A chemical compound found in cannabis ...)[/FONT]

5. #5 Bleezyy, Jun 25, 2011
    Everytime I blaze before the doctors my blood pressure goes ^^... she was scared one time lol i was like chill i smoked bud like 2 hours before and shes like oh ok

Edit:

i think the actual "blunt" and/or cig (if i smoke one) also contributes to increasing it lol

6. if my BP did drop, could this cause anxiety?

7. Yes weed does lower your blood pressure & it defiantly can cause anxiety.

8. #8 The Audion, Jun 25, 2011
    makes sense after i put my legs above my head i felt positively baked:smoke: The problem being I have to lay down and stick my legs in the air everytime i smoke

9. bump

I'm really eager to get some comprehensive information about this. After I put my legs above me head last night, I felt amazing. positively stoned, relaxed, laughing at nothing, almost euphoric. Like I did when I first started smoking. I'm wondering if the BP thing is the key, and what I can do about it in the future.

10. If you're really curious, you could buy a BP gauge.. blood pressure dips can definitely make you extremely anxious. Putting your head forward, above/between your legs gets the blood flowing back to your head, I do that when I feel like I'm about to pass out (which happens from time to time to me)

11. Isn't cannabis prescribed medically because it's been proven to lower intraocular pressure and in turn alleviate the symptoms and effects of glaucoma? I believe it lowers blood pressure as well.

12. #12 The Audion, Jun 25, 2011
    maybe, in my case, lowering bp too much and causing anxiety? i should ask my doctor:confused:

because all I know is i felt so much better last night after I did that maneuver. could be placebo. I just felt a wave of relaxation, silliness, happiness, stonyness. I was outside and started laughing hysterically over a bug that was flying around a light fixture.

13. im pretty confident that many of the cbds in weed raise blood pressure, but only for the first hour.

marijuana's effects on the blood vessels and intraocular eye pressure is much different.