Weed and views on life.

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 288974, May 9, 2010.

1. It seems like a lot of stoners have similar views on society, life, etc.

For instance, I will graduate high school this summer, but I don't know what to do after. I honestly don't want to go to college (at least for now), I'd rather just live with a few friends for a while and just be happy.

That made me start to think that like weed was causing me to justify my problems in school and shit. Like the whole "man, I'll figure it out, I just want to be happy/free and everything will work out". Every day I get closer to saying "fuck it" about college, I hope that isn't a huge mistake ya know?

2. There are no mistakes.

I decided to drop out of high school and buy a plane ticket to New Zealand for 3 months just backpacking. Left with 100 dollars in my pocket, and came back home to Central PA with 100 dollars in my pocket.

Do I regret this decision? FUCK NO.

3. I once smoked a marijuana cigarette... next thing I know BAM! Herpes.. Then two weeks later I was working as a Thai hooker.

Don't smoke pot.

4. The only reason I did it was because I could.

I said fuck it, just like you're considering now.

It was the best decision I ever made.

5. Becoming a Thai hooker wasn't the best decision I ever made... shit just falls out of my ass now. :rolleyes:

6. My parents have provided so much for me my whole life, I feel like I would be letting them down so much if I did anything like that. On the other hand, I am literally going to go crazy if I stay in this situation.

The only thing holding me back really is the thought of being 40 and having no college education and a shit job. I CANT work at wack arnold's my whole life aha.

7. To be honest with ya, you just sound young. You have a lot of decisions ahead of you, so don't rush it. If you don't want to go to college, take a couple years off and get it out of your system. Me personally, I gave up on college. I work full time right now, but soon want to quit to go travel the country hitting up music festivals and see things most people will never see.

There are plenty of life skills that college won't teach you. Take up growing, it's the most beautiful thing in the world to see marijuana plants mature.

8. Haha I know. I understand that pretty much everyone else my age have the same thoughts and question the same things I do. Did you go to college straight from high school? I'm not so sure I could get back into learning after spending time away from school.

9. A smarter man than me once said, "I'd feel trapped in this life if I felt I couldn't commit suicide at any moment."

Freedom is the one aspect of life I could never live without. Freedom to live, to die, to smoke, to pick up a plastic bag filled with food and walk across the country if I wanted to.

If you don't want to go to college right now, then take a year or two off and see what happens. Just live man. There's nothing that says that you have to go straight into college when fall rolls around.

10. Don't worry about letting your parents down. Maybe they will be disappointed as far as one thing goes, but you'll show them something that outweighs whatever college does for their egos. You'll show them that you are growing as an individual.

That was my biggest fear when I was debating as to whether or not to drop out. My nearly 4 high school years were spent with the assumption that I was going straight to college to get my degree and whatnot.

This kind of decision could show you a taste of freedom that will send chills down your spine. This is a turning point for you.

11. If you end up being 40 and still working at wack arnold's that will be due to decisions you might make in the future, and have nothing to do with the decision you make at this moment.

Carpe Diem

12. No I actually took a year off between high school and college and moved 24 hours away. I ended up having some serious trouble to take care of back home with the authorities, so i did. Im actually back in college now, with only one year left, but I think I'm going to stop for another year to enjoy life.

13. college isnt for everyone, when i want to learn i do it independently, classes and lectures just dont work for me.

14. I don't know what the fuck is going on in my life anymore.

I don't even know if I want to be in school. I want to be a writer and have that pay the bills, and it probably could - I just need to get started. I'm gonna go next year, and then maybe take a year off. We'll have to see.

As for the rest of my life... heh... people don't fuckin' call or anything. Fuck, tough love I guess. Also, fuck love. It (or something akin to "love") is tearing me apart right now. I can't bloody well sleep at night, but I can cry? Yep. Sat down and watched St. Elmo's Fire this morning and that didn't fucking help. Here's a tip - don't ask your mom what movies you should watch to cheer you up. But I guess it's inevitable when she has no clue what her son is feeling like, I suppose.

/rant.

15. im hoping to just end up living in a house with a bunch of my friends until i die. not everyone needs a house with a family etc. just sounds like a ton of money to me. money is garbage. me and my girlfriend would be perfectly content living with my two best friends (and also band mates) in a nice house forever. die together. real family is chosen.

16. I just got done goin through a lot of shit with some girl I have a ton of history with. I will always care about her and shit, but worrying about my relationship with her all day was killin me. It sucks but you just have to give up you know? There are so many other people in the world, there's no use in moping around if ONE relationship doesn't work. Plus, being able to ignore your ex texting you is such a ballin' feeling!!

17. college is fun man. you want to go. just go to a community college or something cheap, get some grants and scholarships......and have fun

18. #18 stoner_lukas, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    My philosophy has always been buckle down, and get college out of the way.

It's absolutely indisputable, in today's society, that you cannot get a well paying job without a college education. I'm talking >$30k a year, which is practically dirt poor nowadays. Sure, you may get lucky and land a job that will allow you to live pretty comfortably in an apartment, but will you have the money to do everything you want without getting in debt? Never in a million years.

Granted, I've always enjoyed learning. I'm almost 26 and about to graduate with an M.D. But if you honestly feel like you can take 2 years off from school and then go back, by all means do it. If, in those 2 years, you find a pretty well paying job, and think school isn't for you, then don't go back to school.

Just don't make decisions of such finality right now...and don't think you can just skate by getting an apartment with a few friends. People change, they grow up. Those friends are not going to want to live with you forever, despite what they may say now.

So just think long and hard about it. The world is changing. Our parents could get really well paying jobs right out of high school. We can't. The poverty line is going to continue to evolve, as the world pushes those without an education out of the way in favor for those with one.

Hell, I went from making $18k a year before I got my bachelors, to making $40k a year with a bachelors (well, 3 of them). That number will double by the time August rolls around.

19. i think its societies standards of what you should 'have' in life that keeps people poor and in debt. people think they need so much. there are happy people with very little. when i die i need to know i dedicated as much time to LIVING as possible, and not to working. i understand the need to work (and i do work very much, but not traditionally, for a company).

but im just bitter about the fact that im going to die, its scary, and the only way i can cope is by living every second of it to the fullest. id rather be dirt poor living in a squat than having a well paying job that i have to dedicate my entire life to. i dont believe in working 40 hours out of the week, its too much. if you add all the time youll waste doing bullshit jobs for some suit youll never meet, its really depressing.

different strokes though, some people love working. if i worked at somewhere i cared about maybe id love it to, but unfortunately the things i care about arent very profitable haha. but im happy.

20. lol no, if youre stilling working at wack arnolds at 40 its because you have drug charges on your record and no college education

or

where the op will be in 20 years if he dosent go to college now