Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and studying

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Aruru, Jun 9, 2009.

1. i wouldn't do it, i smoked before school once and had a math test first period which i forgot about, and when i took it, it was easy as hell, thought i aced it, ended up getting a D. but then again i was really baked.

2. I took the SAT high my third time, and I got my highest score. It helped a lot because it calmed me down.. It was sativa headies....

And look, now I'm going to Vanderbilt, a prestigious school. :hello:

3. Studying/taking tests while high/buzzed can be good.
    Studying/taking tests while completely baked is BAD.

Being a little high before taking a test that involves writing always helps me. I write amazingly well while high. Thoughts and ideas flow well, and I always use really interesting sentence structure, transitions, etc. Weed is practically a necessity for any theory of knowledge class.

4. While my advice is that it's best to study and take tests sober, I would be a real big hypocrite while offering this advice that I do not adhere to myself. I usually study while I'm pretty baked (I just take lots of notes so I don't forget everything) and I prefer to take tests with a little buzz, and I get A's and B's in college... but finals should probably be taken while sober.

5. i've got prescription concerta, but i'm sort of used to it so it's no biggie having it during finals. the biggest thing is that i can never ever bring myself to study except for a couple of hours before the test. i try ahead of time but i panick a lot and it's only at do or die time that i get intense work done. if i've studied for a while and i'm still nervous i'll smoke a bowl before i go into the test. i don't think it changes my scores at all - i don't do any better than i normal and i don't do any worse, it just makes me less anxious and that way i don't freeze up during the test

6. Yeah the guy that said if you study high you should take the test high was right.

I dont think studying high is a good idea, but if you do decide to do it, you'll do better if you take the test high.

It's something called encoding specificity, and basically its easier for you to retrieve stored information if your in the same mental state or condition you were when you "recorded" that memory.

They did like a test with scuba divers. they got scuba divers to remember some numbers underwater, they had like two groups. One group that was asked to recall the numbers on land, did worse than the group that had to recall the numbers underwater.

7. it definetly depends on you.
    i found a few times i blazed then did my math homework/study
    shit that i couldnt understand and for some reason it all just came easier to me and it made sense

8. i bombed a history test 1st period on 420 after hitting my gravity bong right when i woke up. wake and bake heh. i couldnt focus at all and completely got wrecked it.

9. It's actually like a mental thing, if you do the same thing taking your test as you did studying it helps you remember better, like drinking a soda for example.

10. that's how things are supposed to work but i get bored if i do the same thing taking the test as when i study. like studying is boring and painful enough - i generally fidget before a test, and i've always got a stick of gum or something else to play with. like it helps me to get thinking and also i have something to start focusing on.
    when i'm studying though i can't have any distractions, i just like to read and try to focus as best as i can

11. Damn, your finals are tomorrow and you're seeking help now? I don't know I mean you're running kind of low on time.
    Others have mentioned adderall which is fucking greaaaaaattt when you're running low on time. If you're down for it and have easy access to it then there you go man problem solved. Not sure if you've taken it before but I can get all my shit done with 20mg. More than that has never really been necessary, I'd take 20mg to study for the day, and 20mg to take the final(s).

But in terms of weed and studying... what I do is I set up a study-date. Block allllllllllll my friends from having contact with me whatsoever that day. Sit at my desk. And begin studying; making flash cards, re-writing notes, re-reading, etc.

Take a break smoke like two small bowls.

Continue studying. More flash cards, re-writing, re-reading, blah blah blah.

Smoke a few bowls again.

Continue studying, and etc. just keep the cycle going you know.

It's pretty nice smoking and studying you just have to have self-control. Don't get yourself too fucked up just get nice, that way you enjoy the process of studying and keeping calm when doing so. If i study without smoking a few bowls every now and then I end up thinking "Fuuuuuuuuckkkk there's no way I'm going to remember all of this!!! WTFFF!" The weed definitely helps keep you calm and relaxed so that your studying should go by smoothly.

It's okay to smoke a bowl before class too. I mean it's obviously not okay to get fucked up and baked and show up to class completely faded. That's just ignorant you know, all that hard work studying would kinda be a waste lmao.

So yeah. I don't know what else to tell you man, best of luck I hope you do well on your finals. ( :

12. I've got my final exam on monday. 3 in the last week...
    Here's my study hint - take No-Doze plus when you get out of bed. Take a ritalin/adderall for every 3 hours of study and have a casual smoke every meal break you take.

• The no-doze makes you work fast
    • The Ritalin makes you concentrate on things
    • The weed makes you find everything interesting.
    So, you end up studying really fast and really hard on something that's become really interesting.

DRUG WIN!

13. Ever heard about you can only remember things from a certain state of mind while you are in the same one.
    Example( i dont really go by this); "Study high, take the test high, get high scores"

14. haha u joker
    how high
    jamal

i got quater ounce of Sour D waiting to be smoked right now
    what shall i do
    eat it
    drink it
    smoke it
    vape it
    sell it
    chuck it

?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?:smoke:

15. I learnt in my psychology lesson back in 6th form, that if you smoke weed and revise, then smoke weed before your test, you will be in the same state of mind and find it easier to remember what you revised..

The same goes for alcohol, revise when your a bit drunk, then go into your exam a bit drunk..

Another thing to do is buy a new perfume, and regularly spray your revision notes with it... when u go into your exam take the perfume and smell it, the smell will trigger memories in your brain, helping you remember what you revised.

happy tokin x

16. OOPS... just read the previous comments and someone has already mentioned this... sorry!

17. i study accounting and really, im high as fuck as nearly every class.

i record the classes thanks to my ipod if necessary but it gives me greeaaat results.

when im high in class, i feel like i can get anything, i can pass any class, i feel like my brain's speed in 10 times stronger

18. Jamal says this in how high..gimme dat rep son haha