Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Studying?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SiDankies, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Ok we'll I have an economics test tomorrow and just wanted to know if I burned then studied would I remember what I studied?

2. i know i would not be able to concentrate for shit. but its different for everyone

3. I have an exam coming up as well... And I was just now studying for it, but I couldnt keep my mind from wandering... So I came on here and saw this... How ironic. =) good luck to both of us ,eh? Happy toking!

4. Some do so don't from what I hear....

I seemed to hardly remember anything I studied the day(s) before, if I was high.

During the test, my mind would try and rewind back to my studying, but I tended to only remember stupid things like "I'm not sure how to formulate this equation, but I do remember that coffee I had while studying was aaaaaaweeessommmmme" or "Who the fuck knows what year George Washington fell down a hill and twisted his ankle? Not me, but I do know that the one chick in my anatomy book was a beauty" or other things like that... lol

I say save the smoking for a reward after the exam, or after studying!

5. Lol okay thanks guys!

6. I wouldn't recommend it. I've done it before and I don't remember shit. When I'm finally done with one complicated textbook sentence, I already forgot what I just read.

7. It depends on how your study habits are after you smoke.

I actually retain information better after I've smoked and can concentrate on tests easier than if I was sober and anxious about it.

But some people can't handle being high and trying to do anything studious at all while high is counterproductive (for some people). It really depends on how it affects you personally.

If you don't know, then I'd say you'd better not try it and fail. That'd suck. But it's really up to you.

8. I tried to take a test once while i was high... never again.

9. I always performed well when stoned. More relaxed and can really get into what I'm suppose to.

10. It's a complicated situation, there are subjects you CAN study high and there are subjects that one simply can NOT. I studied 2 years of Geology at U.N.L.P. and, for example, studying Geology Basics high (and performing the test being high) was beautyful and I got, in average, 80% all-damn-good. But math? Oh hell no! I have always had serious trouble with math, sometimes I just can't understand it, and, honestly, weed just made it worst.

In my opinion, one can only study high those things one love. For example, I fucking love History (and I am actually starting History the next year in the national college of la plata) and studying it high is awesome, I fell like I have way more vision and can more easly understand; I also put a lot more interest in investigation, etc.

11. What the fuck is studying?

12. Last year I smoked 2 grams of some dank shit then took a math test. Made a 39. Nuff said?

13. I don't think I could deal with the dumbass shit that is school, without the assistance of mj.

14. To quote "How High" ; "Study high, take the test high, get high scores"

But seriously if you dont normally study high, and its an important test I wouldnt do it. Me personally, If i study high, then take the test high, I retain information better. Honestly you can train yourself to do most things very well high. When I played hockey in highschool, I used to play awful when I was high, then i started doing it alot, it got to the point where I would play noticeably better when I was high...

15. Please explain what is so dumb about school?

Being educated is a good thing.....

16. It depends on how your mind and body responds to it, also the strain has an impact too.Certain strains are better for this type of shit and some aren't. The first time I did my homework stoned I finished everything that night.. but I didn't exactly study for anything

17. Study first then review it blazed.

I also just thought of something right now that I will try later on when I smoke. Use multiple colored pens on your work. When I study, I make sure my paper is colorful. Not only do colors help me separate the words on the papers, but it also helps me separate my paper by meaning. So for this get a black pen for your sober thoughts and then get a green one for your high thoughts. I'm not going to say weed can't help you study, but I just can't do it. I can do homework fine but study time is precious time.

p.s take advantage of color. It is an extra tool when it comes to studying and remembering.

18. I am able to concentrate on boring tasks (ie. studying) when I am baked. But if you study high, if possible go into the test high

19. A little can go a long way remember your just trying to focus good luck

20. me and a few friends have done that before but we ended failing cause we didnt remember shit