Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed and insomnia - good and bad experiences

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ShamanMagic, Oct 14, 2010.

1. For me ever since taking up smoking earlier this year i have had insomnia after smoking weed, i feel so tired and stoned after, the lazy high not the happy laughing high. So does weed help you with insomnia helping you sleep or are u the rare ones like me who can't sleep after smoking weed? It has a toll on my wellbeing i reckon, btw i smoke a few nights per week

2. I always had trouble getting off to sleep before I started smoking. Not because I wasn't tired (I was always tired), but my mind would race. I started falling asleep while listening to music, and moved onto having tv shows that I'd already watched (so I could focus, but not actually be paying attention to the plot etc) with just the sound.

Then came marijuana. After countless evenings spent smoking (daily) I now rely on it to fall asleep. I can still fall asleep after not having smoked but I still get the racing mind and anxiety that because I haven't smoked, I won't be able to fall asleep. Takes a lot longer to drift off. Nothing to do with the marijuana, but in finding that cure for sleeplessness has made me avoid the problem.

Part of the trouble for me is a big part of my anxiety comes from anticipation. I almost dread falling asleep for fear of what the morning and following day might hold. Even if I've been smoking all evening with my buddy, and get home a bit later than I shoulda done (working in the morning) I'll still get in and have a smoke.

So I guess I'm the opposite :)

3. smoke haze or sour diesel itll get you high not stoned, and try and eat after you smoke that usually makes me sleepy

4. Weed always helps me get a good night sleep... unless its a sativa:p

5. It depends for me, if I'm really fucking tired I'll crash after toking...but if I'm not very tired it does give me an energy boost. Of course, I don't really care too much because I'm high as shit usually, but yeah...I guess it could take its toll on my well-being.:smoke:

6. It helps me sleep greatly. I took a T-break earlier this week and sleeping was non existent.

7. It helps me sleep as well. I sleep like a rock after I toke.