Weed and Gastroperisis

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Rennee, Jun 1, 2018.

1. This is going to be long.. I'm apologize lol

I've been having stomach issues since high school, I would randomly get sick then feel better imminently after. It went away until after college.

About 2 years ago I started getting sick every single morning... I would wake up from my stomach pain and then puke. I didn't want to eat and got full faster, like after two bites. Went to the doctors they couldn't find anything. Told them that weed is the only thing that can help me in the mornings. They performed and endoscopy and labs... everything came back normal. I stopped going because I couldn't afford the appointments. I did some research and found gastroperisis is the closest to my symptoms.

Fast forward to this year... The vomiting has slowed down to when I have to get up early (I can usually sleep through the pain and nausea). If I have something in my stomach from the night before it comes up otherwise I am dry heaving for a good 5 minutes. If I don't smoke before I leave I will have terrible stomach pains. On the left side under my right breast. To the point I'm in tears. At one point I was shaking and became so light headed I was sent home from work.

I went to the doctors again because I have been losing a lot of weight. I went from 135 (February 2017) to 109.4 (may 2018). Explained the symptoms and sais that weed has helped me feel better. Again I was told that it was causing damage to my stomach nerves. She then mentioned that I may have gastroperisis and that weed would worsen it.. I fully did not understamd her since it's the only thing that'll help me ingest food.. I now have another appointment with a Gastro Doctor from IU to see what they can find...

My question is what is everyone's opinions/experiences with weed and gastroperisis??

2. For most stomach ailments cannabis helps! IBS, Crohns, colitus- all have several studies noting the beneficial effects of cannabis! In light of those studies, I don't see any logical reason that cannabis will do you any harm! The "weed will worsen it" is just a load of crap! She is a Big Pharma tool and in her book ONLY pharmaceuticals will help (and help her get her kick-back!)!

Unfortunately, there are almost no studies on gastroparesis and cannabis, but the one I found mentions that it can be beneficial!

Cannabis for inflammatory bowel disease. (abst – 2014) Cannabis for Inflammatory Bowel Disease

And have you tried using an edible just before bedtime? It might help with the morning vomiting! And you might even try a vitamin B-6 tablet before bedtime, too! I don't know how well it would work for your nausea, but it sure works well for morning sickness! (Not saying you are pregnant, just that B-6 can sometimes help with nausea!)

FYI - I have a touch of IBS and cannabis keeps it completely under control! And watch this video by a Crohn's sufferer! -

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1