Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Exercise

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Brantley, Jun 18, 2012.

1. So I plan on starting a 90 day strict cardio/weight lifting routine. My goal is to become or close to ripped. But I smoke weed, in experience. Do you think weed affects you at all as for as your athleticism? Does it affect your lungs and breathing? etc.

2. Smoking definitely affects your lungs. Well for me, my breathing. If you want to continue using herb, you might have to resort to a vaporizer imo.

3. Depends on how often you smoke I guess.

4. You'll have to try it out for yourself and see. It affects people differently; some people such as myself find massive enjoyment from working out while blazed, and go harder than we would if sober. But for other people, their desire is killed and they just want to be done with it. You've gotta figure out what works for you. Let us know, though, and keep this page updated as a journal - it'll help :smoke:

5. I personally just power through it. I do feel like I take shallower breaths but when I'm high I also feel like I have more endurance (psychologically), once I start working out / exercising.

I think I would be more fit without weed, but not by that much. I think it is mainly about the ratio between smoking and exercising.

6. I actually had my best results working out while smoking daily. Just as long as you go to the gym sober...

7. I don't like working out high because it makes me too relaxed.

8. Yeah I dont think it has any detrimental effect cause a guy I know tokes and does thai boxing

9. I smoke everyday and workout almost everyday too. You can definitely do it I just don't like working out high. I save it for after the workout, that's just ny preferance

10. you can use weed as an incentive... tell yourself you have to do a certain number of situps and pushups for example between every smoke. You dont get as high from smoking while excersising but thats not always a bad thing and you feel damn satisfied when you smoke 10 doobies and have done 50 situps between each one.

11. i smoke weed everyday. almost for a year now and i just started running a mile like every other day or so. i can do. 6 min 30 sec mile so i think thats pretty good for a daily smoker. lol multiple times a day usually.

12. not really man ive been smoking for 8 years now (all day long) and lift 4 times a week with 40 minute cardio once a week with no problems and ive been doing the lifting for about 1 year 6 months now religiously but been lifting all together on and off for like 5 years.

13. Just gotta be motivated for it man otherwise you're pretty much good there's no noticable side affects imo from it.

14. its about 95% mental. more athletes blaze then you think... u can smoke a 1/2 a week and be an Olympian. you just have to have the right mindset about things.

15. AMEN to all the responses on this one!

16. If you're really concerned about the smoke affecting your lungs there are different options other than smoking weed to get yourself high.
    Other than that, I'd saying exercising while high is enjoyable, for me atleast. I run 5 miles everyday and every now and then will get a good head high before my run. You have to truly love the work out though or you wont take it as serious high as you will sober. Usually though, I wait until after the run to get high.. It's my reward for a good work out! :p

17. I have been working out on a good workout routine for about a year now with great knowledge on the subject with smoking at least once a day, iv seen huge results within just a year. toking does not effect anything but your lungs, i guess mindset and diet unless you can control it. I would not recommend smoking before, it sucks. Always after for a reward and a muscle relaxant.

Im not going into the science of lifting right now but if anyone says smoking lowers testosterone and raises estrogen they are wrong. Many professional studies prove this to be false. Also make sure you are taking protein rich diet with some creatine and drink alot of water, eat alot of good food and get alot of rest.

Eventually it will turn into a hobby instead of work :)

GTL - Gym, Toke, Laundry

Stay Fresh

if you want to know more about what to take for supplements and food, HMU.

18. Depends if you smoke daily or not. Lots of athletes smoke weed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Now cigs is a WHOLE different story. When you smoke cigs constant smoke gets into your lungs since smokers usually smoke a pack a day. Also much more chemicals in cigs.