Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and colds dont mix...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cplus, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Fuck me... I had no Advil and it's too late to buy some so I decided to smoke a joint and my not so bad cold has turned into being almost like a horrible flu. My head is pounding like mad, I have horrible chills even with a hoody on and two blankets wrapped in my bed I can't even sit up without feeling like I'm going to throw up and the dizziness is ridiculous. If you have a cold don't smoke trust me.

2. I smoke when sick all the time with no problems.

Yeah, usually makes me feel better.  Maybe this wasn't a cold to begin with.  I've heard things about weed lowering your immune system and stuff like that, not sure if it's true.  I rarely get sick either way.  But I've never heard of weed turning a cold into a full-blown flu or anything like that.  

4. Weird man, normally I smoke everyday when im sick and I forget I ever had a cold haha 
    Hope you feel better soon!

5. Weed makes me better when I'm sick

6. Vape or eat edibles when you're sick with anything that affects your throat/respiratory system

7. ^this

Your problem probably isn't the weed but the smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. That's influenza buddy. I'm on the tail end of it, but it didn't kick my ass as much as it sounds like it's kicking yours.

Take some airborne, and take some cold meds + theraflu, you'll be 100% in no time.

9. That's your first mistake....Fuck the most immune system irritating way or smoking. Vape or hit bong bowls

10. v

11. If I'm sick, I'll usually try to stay high if it's not a real serious illness.. I mean, I won't smoke if I'm flat out throwing up with a fever of 102 but if I just feel nauseous and I have congestion and a cold, weed works wonders.. I've been sick the past 4 days and the only way I was able to go into work is because I smoked in my way there and I smoked again on my break.. If anyone asked about the red eyes I'd either just tell em I was high or say the congestion fucking with my eyes.

I got a little of track there, but yeah, smoking with a cold is usually pretty beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. All I know is that when I feel crazy nauseous, a bowl or two every couple hours almost completely subsides the nausea.

13. Weed and being sick doesn't mix at all. I think it amplifies the horrid feeling.

Last time I had a cold and smoked, I felt really out of touch. It's hard to explain, but I didn't feel like my normal (Normal sick) self. It was awful. I don't know if had to do with the cold, if I took a little bit too much cough medicine. I doubt the extra tbsp made me feel that awful though.