Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed > alcohol

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iTRiPPY, Oct 3, 2010.

1. I know you're joking, but I'm just not interested in parties to be honest. I like either being alone, or having small hangouts.

2. Weed's something I can smoke whenever and have a good time, however I do think alcohol can be better in some situations, but I usually suffer intense pulsating headaches when I drink these days, no idea why.

Overall weed > alcohol definately imo.

3. ^^This for sure. I used to work for a facility that was home to 150 retired and disabled veterans. When I would give out meds, some of them actually had whiskey, rum, beer and wine prescribed to them. I would have little cups on my cart with pills in them, and other little cups with shots of liquor in them. One little man used to ride around the place in his electric wheelchair with a Miller Light in his cup holder. I would stop him all the time and pretend to be pulling him over for drinking and driving. He was so adorable. I miss those guys.

4. And how perfect is weed for the hangover the day after? ITS THE BEST!

5. Hey OP post this on AlcoholCity

6. I think most of us have seen super high me and one of the guys in the movies I personally think says it best. This is obviously going to be argued because most people here smoke > drink, I mean come on it's a stoners forum. But one guy, and I'm pretty sure it was even Doug Benson, says you have better times with your friends when you drink over the times that you smoke.

When do most people ever say, "Hey remember that time we smoked?" and follow with a good story? I mean yeah, there are some sweet times but majority of the times consist of just sitting around.

Personally I went from two years of partying to becoming a big drinker again soley because of the good times I was having with my friends while drinking which were better than that of smoking. I smoked the last two months of my first year of college, and all summer. I know I'm going to get a ton of responses saying well you were sitting around you should've been doing something. I lived in Philly and would constantly go on adventures through Fairmont, cliff jump, ride bikes around the city, etc. So I wasn't a lazy stoner, did everything high for about 4-5 months and can say that I think alcohol is better.

Now I'm not bashing smoking at all, I love it, but you make more friends drinking, do more things, and have better memories in my opinion. I've never used someone because I wanted to drink and they had alcohol. I can definitely say there were many times where people I was not fond of had bud and I joined in just to smoke and leave. Dick move, probably, but I'm being honest here.

7. in my opinion the two arent even comparable. mary jane is way up here.

alcohol is down here

8. Everyday when i wake up i got to make sure im not still dreaming. Then i realize i really am living in a double fucked up world. The place doesnt make much sense to begin with. Then you have these evil people telling you what you can and can not do despite your own best interest. Basically its a real "fuck me". I cant believe this shit and i never will.

9. if you're at a party, crossfading is the best (weed + alcohol) i've done it loads of times and its a crazy experience. Smoked a joint, had a few beers, few shots and finally some bong rips.
    crazy night :D

10. #30 voyaging, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
    These.

Alcohol can be dangerous if used heavily, but in small amounts (<2 drinks per day) it considerably lowers risk of heart disease.

Just like marijuana. VERY heavy usage over very long periods of time results in decreased brain function, while smoking in moderation can bring many obvious benefits.

I think most of us have done the same.

11. decreased brain fx. ??? duno where u read tht man. ofcourse, alcohol sucks compared to herb.