Webpage Design!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by CaptnWillie, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Well hey fellow blades,

Due to my ever going need to marijuana, and a disposable income, i decided to put my skills to good use to make a website which puts my web design skills for hire.

I can understand that not EVERYONE needs a website, but if you know someone that could benefit from one could you let them know?

my site is
    Access Design

also im very cheap for quality web design.

also if youre cool i may just help you out. start this shit up! you know?

2. i think u need to change your design, this looks like something a little kid put together...

frames style was 90's

3. thanks for the advice. I'm still an amateur on web design. But i'm getting better.
    what do you suggest?

also im using dreamweaver CS5

4. Go to the next gen and learn Flash man. I've been designing for 5 years now, and there's nothing that brings in the $$$ like a bit of ActionScript and epic transitions.

5. really? so you suggest I download adobe flash and try to teach it to myself?
    (that wasnt sarcastic if it may have come across that way)

im just trying to get into the loop with some web design.

6. Yes! I suggest starting out with MX 2004 if you can acquire it. The interface of CS4-5, and the addition of AS3 actually completely screwed up Flash. The second Adobe got their hands on Macromedia, everything became glitchy and unintuitive.

Flash in general is easy to learn, but it is the future of web design so there is some depth to it. The more advanced aspects of AS3 require a thorough knowledge of programming, so brushing up on that is a must.

Another important sidenote to web design is graphic design. I've got most of my jobs due to my graphic design, because the programming is meant to bring the graphics alive, not the other way around as you might expect.

7. this sounds like some really good advice. i really appreciate your help.

I figure i can learn flash quick enough. im a very quick learner adn very computer inept.

my only problem would be getting business. Could you offer me any advice as far as that goes :hello: