Weather Forecast - Opinions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by washedmothafuka, Apr 2, 2011.

1. What's up everyone, the weather turned around for the better and I am planning on germing my 6 feminized seeds today on April 2nd. Here is the 10 day weather forecast, was wondering what you guys thought about it.

I figure they will germ by the fourth of July, and will then have some partial clouds through out the first week of growth. Even though it never drops below 40, should I still bring them inside on some of the colder nights before they have even sprouted/once they have sprouted?
    Only day I'm really worried about is the 10th.

[​IMG] High /
    Low (F)
    Precip. % [​IMG] Today
    Apr 02 [​IMG] Partly Cloudy 67/43 20 % Sun
    Apr 03 [​IMG] Sunny 66/46 0 % Mon
    Apr 04 [​IMG] Sunny 71/50 0 % Tue
    Apr 05 [​IMG] Mostly Sunny 65/47 10 % Wed
    Apr 06 [​IMG] Mostly Sunny 60/44 10 % Thu
    Apr 07 [​IMG] Partly Cloudy 52/42 20 % Fri
    Apr 08 [​IMG] Mostly Sunny 60/45 10 % Sat
    Apr 09 [​IMG] Partly Cloudy 60/46 10 % Sun
    Apr 10 [​IMG] Showers 62/47 60 % Mon
    Apr 11 [​IMG] Partly Cloudy 63/48 20 %

2. Growers have different oppinions about when to put plants out. Going by the forecast, I wouldn't put them out permanently yet. I've been putting my plants out to climatize. Then I bring them in and put them back under CFL's. It's been slightly warmer where I'm at. According to what I've read the ideal temp.for growing marijuana is about 75 degrees
    F. I would wait until the temperatureis consistently in that range or higher and the days are longer. I hope that helps.

3. Thanks bro, will do. Indoor veg it is.

4. just hold off another week or two, unless you have the space to start them indoors for 3 or so weeks

5. That I do, but no air ventilation, I am growing one bagseed in it right now and it is doing pretty well so far. But thanks, may end up just starting them outdoors. idk yet.

6. You guys, I'm in the same boat. I just bought three "Fast Flower" clones from the club and I have two sprouts that are only about a week old, as well as one more seed germinating. Question is, should I plant the three clones outdoors ASAP? they already are beginning to grow little nodes.

7. you could still start the others indoors, if you have a spot for a mont old plant. it wouldn't take much more room to grow 5-10 plants for their first week or so of life, as they take up very little space, and this is the most fragile part of their growth. this would especially be a good idea if you are working with few seeds, and can't afford to lose many.

8. #8 clodhopper, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
    Farm dawg is right about different opinions and about it being too early. If you can grow indoors until may 1 then fine but outdoors about anywhere in the US is a no no unless youre in the deep south.

In my opinion, anyone living above the 32n parallel shouldnt plant outdoors until at least may 1. Im at 37n and there is no way i can plant outdoors for 3 weeks or more. The soil is still in the 50's and needs to warm. Cannabis is a warm season annual and has tropical origins. It wont grow well in 60 degree soil. The daylength isnt long enough yet either. Cold soil/short days = shock, delay,and hermies.

MAY 1 is about the earliest date for most Us growers. Above 40, make that May 15. There is NO benefit from fudging that number in my opinion.

9. Absolute beautiful day today here in Northern California, peaked at around 80, mid to low 70s all day, unfortunately we got a 50% and 30% chance of rain on Thurs/Fri. After that looks like smooth sailing in the high 60's to low 80's with nights at high 40's to low 50's until probably May.

What you guys think about this?
    -Veg 5 of my feminized seeds for two weeks on 24/0 with 4-5x 5500k CFL.
    -After two weeks the first three leaf set should have grown and the 5 set should be on its way, for the last week I will keep them on 18/6, while putting them outside for a few hours each day.
    -Before putting outside for good I will fim the ones that look strong enough to not go into shock.
    -By the time they are set outdoors I am hoping for 3-4 established nodes, is this about right?

If I screw this whole indoor thing up I will just buy some clones from the club, but I really would like to grow these quality strains

10. God dam I really need to move out to calli next year, goodluck to you thisyear

11. Didnt realize you were here in the bay too, washed :D

We decided to go for broke and planted 10 clones in our spot... even after my neighbor went and looked at it. All or nothing.. right? :eek:

EDIT:before i get called dumb... my neighbor is a 75 year old mountain man... he probably doesnt give a shit what we do.

12. Check out the new weather forecast...leme know what you guys think, my bagseed is almost on week four and my Tude seeds are all about a week old.

Apr 27 \t\tPartly Cloudy \t66/47 \t10 %

Apr 28 \t\tMostly Sunny \t64/43 \t0 %

Apr 29 \t\tSunny \t65/47 \t0 %

Apr 30 \t\tSunny \t68/49 \t0 %

May 01 \t\tSunny \t71/52 \t0 %

May 02 \t\tSunny \t70/52 \t0 %

May 03 \t\tSunny \t70/54 \t0 %

May 04 \t\tSunny \t71/54 \t0 %

May 05 \t\tSunny \t70/53 \t0 %

May 06 \t\tSunny \t69/51 \t0 %

13. i put mine out when the weather still wasn't stable enough yet, and i ended up with a few stunted plants..

things i've learned this year so far:
    pots. always pots. no matter what.
    dont start early, you end up with stunted plants
    defense against critters is way more important than most people think

:)

14. All things i learned during my first grow ;) Very important stuff.