We need to move!

Discussion in 'General' started by Moseley66, Oct 1, 2011.

1. So I was watching the History channel and a special on plagues was on and it showed how truly easy it would be to destroy all of humanity in a matter of weeks/months by the insertion of biologically engineered diseases via terrorists attacks or even simple accidents. <--sorry for the long sentence. So it got me thinking about how humanity has ensnared itself into it's own death trap. We have such frequent interaction with other places and people around the world that is prohibited by our ungodly amount of transportation that if something like this were to happen, it would destroy us all.

So I bring you to my main point, we humans have limited ourselves to a single planet which means if one bad major disaster like this were to happen, we would all just be another species on the extinction list. We need to find other planets to inhabit now to increase our chances of survival.

tl;dr:We're fucked if we stay on this planet, biologically/genetically engineered diseases could kill us all in a terrorist attack, and we need to find other planets now to increase our chances of survival.