We are God/the Universe

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DaComeUpCat, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Our bodies are made up of cells

Our cells are made up of molecules

Our molecules are made up of atoms

Our atoms are made up of Energy

Energy is what makes up the Universe:

We don't live in the Universe, We are the Universe.

God is the Universe

We are God...

Individuality is an illusion

2. That's what I believe.. except that I dont think I am God. I am part of God. I must be because I exist.

3. What will happen when we all reaize this?

4. Fixed and agreed, however I would note individuality is an illusion to the extent that reality is.

5. This is something that I feel deep down I know to be true. Yet in my day to day life I feel as though I forget this. My egoic mind still tries to control my every day actions.

I wonder if the only true difference in being fully conscious about myself is to realize that the I that I have come to know is only in my mind, and my body is connected to everything on some level. My presence, or observer of my mind and body is this "god" like ability or knowledge...

I'm not sure. I constantly feel as tho I am just rambling when I post in these forums, lol.

6. #6 e_to_the_x, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    hai2u spinoza

Okay in all seriousness though, what is this "energy" you speak of? Something mystical and spiritual, or are you talking about energy in a scientific sense?

Furthermore, what do you consider to be God? Most definitions of God view Him as an all-encompassing (which you certainly showed), all-powerful omnipotent and omniscient being. If that is true why can't I magically summon an ounce with my god powers?

7. Have you never made yourself a sandwich?

What more powers do you need? ;)

8. I hear you man. Here I am preaching one thing and living my life the same way. I still am somewhat egotistical even though I know I am the same as everybody else in this world on a cosmic scale.
    Change is tough, but it is not impossible. Remember that no matter what happens in life, you have control over everything that happens in your life (Law of Attraction). It sounds crazy but you will began to notice changes just with the switch of a mindset (from negative to positive). Changes always dont happen immediately and may even take a long time but never lose faith in yourself.
    I talk of the Energy that keeps your atoms and your whole body from falling apart everyday. Besides, we are apart of this Universe (just a small fraction) but still the Universe nonetheless which is also made up of the same Energy the Stars are, the Energy we are made of.

And "magically summoning" anything is against the laws of the Universe in which we exist in, so we cant just go around flying or summoning things out of thin air.
    But we have more control over our lives then you might think.
    This man has seen the light.:p

9. Although I do think that we are part of a greater whole, I don't think we are god.

I think that by saying we are all god we defy the definition of what a god is.

Do I believe in god? No. Do I believe in the harmonic unity of all matter in the universe? Yes.

Just because we simply exist though does not mean we are god. Yes, I do have a certain control over my own fate, that is true.

Is the ground below me god? Is the air I breathe god? Surely what is around me must have created me, and I may have an equal influence on my surroundings. However, I am not all powerfull and did not create the universe, I do not know what is to come of my life or any others....

Everything relies on everything....

10. I meant god in the sense that he is just another name for the Universe. I think God and the Universe are one and the same thing. Did the Universe create us? Yes. Are we apart of the Universe. Yes. So in that sense, we did create ourselves.

11. you should do research on quantum entanglement, it's like a scientific theory of what you're essentially saying

12. I dont need to do research on anything. This is the Spirituality and Philosophy section, not the Science and Nature section. If you want to do research, then maybe you should leave S&P and go to S&N

13. Did you learn about atoms cells and molecules from spirituality? Or was it learned from science?

14. From the latter. Im sure I was correct about it too, but my point was that this was just my opinion on the matter and which means I dont have to have proof to believe in it

15. Well, technically everything is the same and every atom in the universe is indirectly connected to every other atom in the universe. For instance, I'm connected to you through the air molecules between us. There's no "nothing" that's "in the way"..

16. I agree that we are all the same in a sense. When it comes down to survival we all have that intrinsic ability to fight on...put simply, we all have the will to survive and that is due to our ego....that is why we, as individuals, think of ourselves so important to this world...when in truth we are no more important than a tiny little ant. Infact we are causing destruction to this world while the ants mind their own business. People suck...but thats not always a bad thing :D.

17. I Agree, and the energy is the divine matrix, natures mind, one consciousness, it has many names.....

Its been proven in scientific experiments, read the book The Divine Matrix by Gregg Braden.

18. thats gangster.

and true ^^

19. If One is a part of God can they affect the world in a way beyond physical actions?