We are aliens...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Donthateonmurph, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ok first off dinosaurs were destroyed by asteroides blah blah u no that right well what if we were the organisms on one of those comests striing the earth. this leads me to my next example mars or one of the planets is a big ball of iron and we have iron in our bodies right so how did this iron get in us its only a little amount but could this mean were from a alien place

2. nice theory, but I don't think man popped up until much later than the dinosaurs...

3. Please do not feed the troll.

4. did you pay attention in geography class?

out planets inner core is made up of pure metals.. mainly iron.

/theory

5. Mammals coexisted with dinosaurs
    We are descended from early mammals....

6. The iron in our blood is from exploding stars as well as the calcium in our bones and various other mineral found in our body and all over earth. So basically every mineral known to man came from an exploding star.

7. Anyone read the 12th Planet by Zechria Sitchin? Of course its up to the person if he/she believes it but for me, it fills the gap of questions. I also read articles and saw videos in Youtube about evidences that dinosaurs and men have coexisted at the same time. Still, its a subject that still needs thinkering if its true or not.....

8. 1)see this guy says man didnt pop up till after some say they co-existed we don't truely know right know and i no it might have been a long time but thats why its evolution it takes time

2)you say our planet is made up of all iron this is my point so we must have came from something that involved planets we couldnt have just been created with these minerals in our body well we could havei guess maybe

3)and again you say its from stars or w/e so we are part of a star we all originated from one thing so there is no jesus christ resurrected from the dead

9. 1) We are mammals, we can trace our lineage back to very early mammals.

2) Our planet collided with many things before it formed an atmosphere etc.

3) Everything that makes you and me up originates from dead stars, yes.

10. We are Alien to Ourselves

11. I think it is defiantly possible. I remember reading a few article about this a while back. Just did a quick google and found this on BBC.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/978774.stm

The asteroid that may have carried microorganisms that started mammals would have to collide with earth before the time of dinosaurs.

12. Yikes. Bad logic.

We do know if we coexisted with dinosaurs or not. We didn't. We would have found bones of something remotely close to a human that were carbon dated to that era. There were barely even mammals during the time of the dinosaur, much less humans.

Also, the reigning theory on the origin of life is a primordial soup, not extraterrestrial transportation.

And the fact that we came from other stars doesn't mean there is no Jesus. I don't even know how to explain why that isn't right. It's just really not right.

13. It is posible. Yes we may have evolved from mamals, but where do those mamals trace their lineage? Back to bacteria perhaps? And where does that bacteria come from? Could very well come from another world... they found bacteria on Mars... it can theoretically be frozen in space, and some catalyst can burst it back into life. We could be the decendants of some lost civilization millions of light years away, but it is rather unlikely.

However for those who doubt its posibility they must simply be afraid to admit that we are not alone in this universe.

14. Loner: Yes it's possible but unlikely. It could be frozen but would most likely not survive the incineration from entering the Earth's atmosphere and colliding with the Earth. It is possible yes, but not probable.

As for us not being alone in the universe, I would say that there is a very very veeeery small chance that we are alone in the universe. There are trillions and trillions and trillions of galaxies, with even more stars, and probability dictates that somewhere in there some other intelligent life developed. However the odds of us coming into contact with, being contacted by, and/or ever seeing a trace of another intelligent life form is infintessimal. It would take millions of years to reach even the closest star, which does not support life. The odds of us seeing other life (or even a light speed message from them) is roughly the odds of gravity reversing itself tommorrow. Just ain't gonna happen.

15. Ok, I think star trek got it right with the episode where they find out that all humanoid species were created by an ancient super advanced life form that evolved billions of years before any other sentient life existed in the universe. So these aliens knowing they would be gone eventually seeded many worlds with a genetic sequence that would ensure that the dominate species on that planet would evolve in their image, and there is also a coded message in that sequence that plays the message sharing the memory of these long lost people.

In reply to Tikiman6. I agree the universe is really a vast expense and scientists have shown that our galaxy is basically out in the boonies of the universe. We are no where near the center of the universe and even the stars we do see, we see the light from them as they were billions of years ago when there wasn't even any life on earth. So, if we were to see those other planets and stars as they were today they may very well support life very much like we have on earth or very different as well. I'll try to find the link to the article and edit it in here for you guys.