Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ways to throw off drug dogs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ramones4d, Nov 16, 2010.

1. We all know the consequences of possession...luckily for me I've never been caught with possession, and don't want to in the future.

What are some good tricks to keep drug dogs from smelling marijuana? I would assume step one would be an airtight case, I've also heard coffee beans can hide the smell from dogs? Please share your knowledge blades :D

2. Keep your stash in a box of dog treats... Lol

3. $100 ticket...fuck yea MA!!:hello:

4. ^ MA knows whats good.

5. I saw a mythbusters episode about this where they literally tried like every possible way of blocking the smell that you could possibly think of (It was like a full hour episode on just trying to trick a drug dog) and they came to the conclusion that there was no way to trick them.

Trust me watch the episode if you don't believe me but they tried everything and that dog was GOOD. He found it all.

The only conclusion they came to was that female dogs can distract male sniffer dogs but this doesn't change the fact it will find your drugs.

So the simple answer to this is don't smoke in your car / keep it in an airtight container, this way the handler won't smell it. A cop isn't gonna have a dog sniff your car just cause.

6. Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can beat the dogs. You can't. I know of only one way that works and I'm not going to go into details here because it's against the rules to discuss drug trafficking techniques. That being said, I wouldn't even try that method.

You can't beat the dogs. You might get lucky with some of the hairbrained suggestions people here will try to tell you work, but the odds are you'd be caught if faced with a dog search.

7. The only way to stop a drug dog is use a airtight container. And you also are able to beat them with bringing a cat in the car. It distracts the dog from finding any drugs and he will not focus on finding the drugs.

And oldskoolgrower is right, no talking about drug trafficking. So those are the only tips I will give you.

8. iv'e been told that even an airtight container might not help you...

earlier this year a bunch of us were over in europe. at the time, we were in liverpool, and we talked with a chemist/grower from spain that had an extensive knowledge on this subject (marijuana in general - it had been his life for almost 40 years). anyways, he told us this story about when he was leaving amsterdam, crossing an international border, and what he (apparently) did to distract the drug dogs walking by on the train. all he said to do was approach the dog in a calm way and basically try to befriend it. apparently the emotions the dog displays may help to throw off the handler in realizing the fact that you may have drugs on you. he said all he did was try to pet the dog and he "acted all excited" as if he was an epic dog lover or something, supposedly it helped and he was able to move what he had on him (just a personal amount).

take that as you will - this guy told us this story as we sat outside our hostel smoking a j that he rolled for us (homegrown inside. not sure on the strain but it just wrecked us!). so, take it was you will all! :smoking:

9. Move to a marijuana friendly state and drug dogs wont be a problem...

10. You're not getting past a drug dog my man. However, I do somewhat disagree with that mythbusters episode, for one reason, It's not about tricking the dog, it's about tricking the handler, and of course, the handler on the mythbusters episode is not going to let anything get past him, when he's on national television, why would he? In a real life situation you may be able to trick the handler. Why risk it?

11. Just throw a tennis ball away from the drugs.

12. I saw a MANswers episode where they tried to find a way but they couldnt. The only thing they could think of is to trick the handler to think that the dog is sniffing because of something else like putting it in something like in a burger.

13. Gotta love living in South Australia, $100 fine maximum

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW8tyTgoQiI]YouTube - NEVER GET BUSTED PREVIEW DAY 1- Narcotic Detector Dogs[/ame]

15. Don't do anything that would get a drug dog to sniff you and you won't have a problem.

16. Cutting off their noses.

You can't beat a dog's sense of smell those mothafuckas can smell errthang.

17. I'd imagine that if you cut your torso open there'd be enough space in there for a decent amount of marijuana, then you just stitch yourself back up.

Would the cops even be allowed to open you back up to remove said drugs?

18. They actually did an episode about this on Mythbusters. They tried strong perfumes, coffee grounds, baby shit (not joke) and a bunch of well knows ideas to fool dogs. The thing is, given enough time, the dog found every single stash.

So I don't think there's really any way to flat out outsmart a dog based on that, I think mostly you just have to have luck and time on your side. Some say that keeping the weed up high makes it harder for the dog to smell, that could be true, as scents do tend to linger close to where they come from, but I wouldn't bank on it. But one thing you should do is make sure you keep the weed inside your car instead of outside. A dog will likely find it if it's in the car, but will most definitely find it if it's somewhere outside of your car.

Other ideas, only hold when you have to. Only carry as much as you can eat quickly. But most importantly, try to obey all traffic laws. If you don't get pulled over, you don't have to worry about dogs.

19. That would work if it were just the dog. But dogs have handlers. And it's the handler's job to keep the dog on track; they're quite good at it. If all else failed they'd just make you take the cat out of the vehicle.