Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ways to measure your weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Insomniaq, Mar 20, 2015.

1. So I have some weed and really want to know how much, but have no scale or real way of finding out. I was wondering if anybody here has a rule of thumb or certain way to measure without a scale.

~ Stay Lifted

2. The best thing you could do is post some pics. Some guys on here are notorious for getting it right.

3. Yeah I figured, but I want a way I can measure whenever I need to before I can get a small scale, not just this one time.

~ Stay Lifted

4. There's no way to know without a scale. That's why scales were invented.

5. Why couldn't you eyeball it for a rough estimate. I'm assuming you're not buying a lot so it shouldn't be to far off...

6. #6 guesswhat, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    I bought this scale http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-Digital-BL-1KG-BLK/dp/B0012N1NAA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1426879529&sr=8-4&keywords=scale+grams at a local store for $10 4 or 5 years back. It still works perfect and I haven't even changed the battery. I use others now too, but this one is around and still perfect.

Point is, if you are worried about losing a couple dollars worth of weed here and there this will make up for it in no time.

EDIT: It was a Digit scale actually, so something even cheaper lol. Regardless, there are a lot of cheap options out there.

7. Yeah thanks, I plan on buying a little scale soon, and thanks for all of the other helpful tips everyone.

~ Stay Lifted

8. Measure each nug with a ruler.  Multiply times pi.  Bisect the square root with the patahgarian theorem, and voila.....exact measurement!

Too easy.

9. #10 Insomniaq, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    Can't tell if you're trolling, but at the slight chance that you aren't, nugs the same size could weigh different because one nug could be denser than the other.

~ Stay Lifted

10. Grizz is trollin you there is no mathematical formula. You either eye ball it and guess or get a scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. You either get good at eye-balling for a good approximation, or you get a scale...I'm not sure how you expect someone to explain to you in text how much weed you have, other than those two things...

Attached Files:

13. I got 6. So you can check my math against yours OP.

Also a dollar bill weighs a gram. So you could set the two on a balance by finding the center point of gravity and then comparing on the two ends

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. if you buy enough weed developing an eye is pretty easy. but density always factors. even then however, all you gotta do is break up the interior of the bud, then you can pretty accurately eyeball it when it's separate, or even better grinded

Sent from my intergalactic spaceshiphotbox