ways to increase co2?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ziggyshugenadz, Nov 21, 2005.

1. hey i just wondering if there are any ways to increase the CO2 levels inside a closet grow for 2 plants. thanks for any help

2. THere are several ways to do it ....have you looked??
    there is a vinager/baking soda method that works well for small areas ....make a wick that sits in vinager and feeds down to drip in a bowl or pan filled w/ baking soda.....off gas is what your looking for...............
    the whole set up to pump it up is $$$$$$w/ regulators,bottles timers........
    a few small growers i know use periods of dry ice in coolers .........they use 1lb every other hr every other dat or so ......again this cn get $$$$$$$$$n its not consistant ..........do some more looking ...........overgrow.com has good info n forums.......

GOOD LUCK HAPPY GROWING............

3. HI, well I am new at it to and have been wondering the same... the past few days i have done the baking soda vinegar method....I have also read about a method without vinegar using yeast and sugar and water...not quite sure how it works but overgrow.com has plenty of diagrams...I bet the city has the answers for you too though!!! Hope this helps, gives you an area to begin search b/c you will need to chose which method you wnt to use.:D

4. THNKS HAPPY SMOKER, great link. I got alot from it!!!! Peace!!!:D

5. there are also co2 tablets you can find at some grow stores. you immerse them in a little water and they are supposed to realease c02 for about eight hours or so. it will cost you about $50 for 20-30 tablets that you would use about once a week or more depending on budget. i think they work great and have used them before.

6. Alright, I am not disagreeing just stateing that I thought that the plant on takes co2 from the air through photosynthesis. Adding co2 to the root system will not give it the co2 that it needs to photosynthesize. I am not positive but have read that on here in previous threads and have read many articles in hightimes about the same thing. Hope this helps

7. i believe he meant putting them in a tubberwear container of water and sit that next to the plants. This statement also nullifys the topic Does club soda work give co2. anyways i'd go with dry ice.

or take a tupperwear container, stab a crooked ghetto hol in it wit a knife. fill it with vinigar, place it about a cup of baking soda. if u make a crappy enough hole it will drip slowly. and this will work and be very cheap.. under 5 dollars for everything..

8. Exercise in your grow room:D

Hehehe

9. tanks man, that sounds perfect!

10. Exercise!? What the hell is that? Sounds more like expensive medical bill to me. No, I think I'll try the baking soda first ;)
    I am already brewing beer in my grow room but I dont beleive its enough for 10 plants.

11. noo lmao, if soil put pop-rocks into the soil a few packs.

if hydro then make some sort of dispenser to drop in some every while

Pop-rocks (The candy) is made from sugar and Co2 when it reacts with water it gives off a failry large amount of co2 causing that "popping" sound.

12. 2 large spoonfuls of sugar in warm water in a bottle, shake well, add 1 spoonfull of yeast, shake well, make small hole in bottle top, put in grow room, take a tube from the bottle top to the plants if you like. Every day, shake the bottle, replace every 2 or 3 days. VOILA, cost about 20p

13. This thread was started in 2005, it's a revival :)

Anyhow you don't want CO2 in the root zone, period.

14. I like the sugar water and yeast method, that's what I'm going to try, but I learned that co2 enhancement is a waste of the co2 under flourescent light, you need HIDs to be able to use extra co2

15. I am going to use ganjas method when i start flowering... i have also heard you can spray daily with club soda in a spray bottle.. will probably do both since its cheap.

16. Can you elaborate on this. Like how would you know that's true?

17. Most the fermenting methods of raising CO2 levels are nothing more then a stinky waste of space and time. I could never get more then a 100 ppm increase in CO2 levels using a gallon mixture of sugar and yeast. After three days it dropped off to about half that and just gave off a weird odor. I know alot of folks like this method of making CO2, but I think it does more for the growers peice of mind more then anythingelse. After all, if it smells it must be working.

Say what you will, but I did the test in my closed system using two meters. I wanted to find another source of CO2 other then the tanks that cost me $12 to fill. Another thing to consider is, will your normal ventilation remove any CO2 you are able to make? Mother nature's level will do fine if you keep the air flowing in.
    Peace, R.