Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ways of taking tincture?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ch33sy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. I made some tincture which is now ready, question is how can i take it because i cant get over the taste. I was thinking mixing some in a shot of juice and chugging it. Will it work or is it better to put some under your tongue?

2. knew a girl that would put a few drops in her coffee

3. You can use it with anything you want. You can add candy flavoring to it which cuts back on that taste. Right now I have Raspberry. If I'm in a hurry, I mix it with a shot glass of water or anything else and knock it back. The only limit to how you can use it is your own imagination:D.

4. Make something small if you can't stand the taste, so you can knock it back easily then quickly get rid of the taste afterward.

I made the mistake of making a very weak weed tea, so I had to drink quite a bit before any effects were felt, and it was disgusting. :L

5. This may be a stupid question, but is this the same kind of tincture you can put in an e-cig?

6. Because OP states that the taste is awful, I would assume this is an alcohol tincture. Glycerin is sweet as is propylene glycol. I don't know if you can use alcohol in a cartridge but the glycerin and glycol are the most referenced for that usage.

7. I dropped it on everything....
    Literally everything...
    Haha it tasted good with everything, and i was like why not.

8. It's actually better to eat or drink it, than it is to absorb it sublingually, effect-wise. :smoke:

Sublingual (under the tongue) and buccal (in the cheek) absorption and delivery ARE great and very useful methods
    medicinally, though, for a few reasons; they are good for patients with dysfunctional livers, or for patients who need to medicate
    before they have an appetite, and they tend to kick in five to ten or so minutes faster depending how long it takes you to
    digest/absorb your edibles.

However, that style of absorption does bypass your liver, which means you're missing out on the potentiating conversion
    that takes place there, which causes the formation of the more powerful 11-OH-THC from a portion of your
    D9THC. For this reason, sublingually delivered tinctures are known for producing a milder sensation than edibles, and (similar
    to smoking) for providing a shorter-lived experience.

You have plenty of options for 'drinkables' :)

You have oil based drinkables...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But with a tincture, you can more easily expand and 'lighten' your drinkable options... it can be added to just
    about anything!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And edible-drinkables [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, good luck and have fun! :wave:

9. Oh my god bk, those chocolate milkshakes and fruit ice cube things look AMAZING.

I always forget to ask you, but do you supply/work for a dispensary, because your product is always very creative and top shelf quality.