Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ways of consumption that do not involve hot air?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ZnOT, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Hi guys, I'm a ocasional consumer (once-twice a week), and a singer.

I started by smoking (as almost everyone) and at the time it wasn't a big deal (I've had heart surgery multiple times from a congenital defect though so it was not ideal) but as I got more into singing it was a problem (and I also was concerned about my health).

Smoking irritated a lot my throat which lead to hurting my voice and not being able to sing comfortable, it also dried my mouth and throat (and the vocal chords with it) which again was pretty bad for singing.

I bought a vape and, though it reduces smoking irritation and dryness, there is still a lot of it, it's still better than smoking, specially health-wise, but it's still hurting my voice.

As I love cannabis and singing I'd like to be able to keep consuming it, but I don't want to hurt my voice anymore.

I know there's edibles (I've tried them, it's the best way of consumption in my opinion, because of the strength and almost no paranoia in my experience), but edibles have a problem (or advantage if it's week end or you have a free day), their effects last up to... Well, minimum 4-5h (personally they never lasted less than 6-7 hours, and the full effects usually don't go away until the next day).

This is a big problem because I just can't come home high as fuck, or eat an edible when I have a couple hours alone, because I still live with my parents (and i won't probably move in some years, this is Spain). Oh, I also have to go to work and again, I can't (and don't want) to go high..

Is there any ways of consumption of cannabis that last 1-2 hours and do not require you to inhale hot air?

Thanks so much guys! Light up! (But not me haha).

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4X mediante Tapatalk

2. Make edibles how old are you if you can't come home high??

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lot of hot air here ....lol

Learn to manage your tolerance and edibles its a lot easier than you think

look to mouse traps and fire crackers

good luck

4. Hot air or edibles are the only ways I know of.

You can make Suppositories if you want to, but
    they last as long as edibles from what I've read.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I still get cotton mouth with edibles drinking with a straw helps a lot for me. Maybe ur ma can dig out a tippy cup for ya.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. You might look at tinctures which are mostly absorbed through your mouth. I could never get very high from tinctures, in my limited experience, but the duration of effects is similar to smoking, and many people have good results.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Could look into a bong with an ice catch, that way the smoke you are inhaling will be far cooler

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I am thinking along the lines of Vostok the problem you are having would seem to be in the amounts you are taking. My girl takes very small hits and sometimes get the irritated throat but this does not come until after 3-4 hits, with me the higher I get the more every hit seems to make me cough. I love the suppository suggestion, I am not knocking anyone if that is how you need to take your meds then by all means but when I saw it on the menu at dispensery I about peed on myself. Good luck

9. That wouldn't work since the smoke itself hurts your throat (also decreases lung capacity).
    I'll have a look, here in Spain I can't buy then easily though, I'd have to make them myself and if it's similar to edibles it's gonna be hard, there any way to make a ticture quick and with low amounts of weed (maximum 4 grams, and 3-4h of making)?
    I actually take the hits very softly (I developed this technique while smoking to avoid coughing).

The problem is it's going to always be hot air with vaporizing and that goes throw your vocal chords, not only irritating them but also drying them.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4X mediante Tapatalk

10. Tincture is what you want then. Fast acting and fast to wear off. Exactly the same high as smoking is as it's Delta-9-THC.

Edibles last so long because your liver turns Delta-9-THC into 11-Hydroxy-THC which lasts 5 times longer. It's a lot stronger too.

For Tincture
    Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes.
    This is just roasting cannabis in the oven uncovered. Best done outside with a small toaster oven to keep from stinking up the house.
    You will need the highest proof clear drinkable liquor you can buy. 151-190 proof EverClear or something like it..
    [​IMG]
    192 proof.

Freeze Liquor and weed separately.
    Combine.
    Shake 10 seconds.
    Strain. A potato ricer works well for squeezing out the wet weed.

An eyedroppers worth under your tongue should do the trick and be felt in just a few minutes.
    [​IMG]
    I usually do a quart jar of rough ground weed to a full 750ml of Alcohol.
    [​IMG]
    Potato Ricer.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 3