Way to go!

Discussion in 'General' started by adamBC, Oct 4, 2004.

1. thought id tell you guys, my brother is currently at Camp Pendelton, training to become a part of the USMC. I cant believe he actually went through with it.

(we are both dual citizens, american and canadian, very handy ;) )

they took a whole bunch of tests, and he scored to high to be basic infantry, so i dont have to be worried about him getting stupidly killed alongside 100s of other nameless drones.

anyways, i got a letter from him this week. They been doing arms training with their M16s, and out of 500 people at the camp, my bro came NUMBER ONE for markmanship! I knew he had good aim going in, but god damn. He got a badge for it, and is now the only person in the camp wearing one. He left at 195lbs, and is now 180.

Never seen him without atleast a little pudge on him. He graduates Nov. 4th. Wont be able to make the ceremony :( but i can NOT wait for him to get back. Hes only going to be around for 10 days, but thats a whole lotta drunk! too bad he doesnt smoke.

anyways, everyone wish him luck! Lets hope he isnt sent to iraq.

2. thats awesome he scored first out of 500. He should be a sniper or something. Well, I wish him luck. Have a good time with him :)

3. That's great.. I was thinking of joining the marines but they dont have the job I want, so it's the Air Force for me... that's really good of your brother... I wouldn't reccomend being a sniper.. it's worse than infantry (IMO) you have to hide out for days and days with little food and water, and you can't move around or anything or you may lose the target... But it just might be his dream job... whatever he does I wish him, and you, the best, and I'll be hopeing he is not deployed. :)