Wavy Stem Leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 719CObudz, May 9, 2014.

1. i know these aren't the actual mj leaves yet and are part if the stem. just wondering if them looking like this is ok

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Sent from my SGH-T679 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. #3 azcactus, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Have you grown successfully before? I ask that with all sincerity. They look like they might be stretching and do you have a fan blowing air on them to develop the stem strength? Just asking man. Pic was hard to discern to much info from. Post #2 much better pic. IMO, they are stretching. Could just be the genetics of the plant though.

4. #4 719CObudz, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    hey sorry. no I haven't. i noticed it was stretching. so i added the extra cfl. the one alone was too weak anyway. i also just moved it closer to the light. i don't really mind it stretching this big because when i repot it ill cover the stem a bit with soil

5. thanks for the input! just making sure its nothing too serious

6. Be careful with that though, because the stem can be deteriorated in that new moist environment. Get a circulating fan on them to start the stem swaying. This is a total strength builder for the stems. My stems on my 3 plants are as thick as a kindergartner pencil. Remember those? There has to be a strong base for a strong plant. Don't want your plants to lay over when they get top heavy.

7. ok cool yeah the fans not to where it hits the leaves. ill move it up. I've been kinda of gently shaking them to strengthen the stem. your way sounds more natural like wind since i'm gonna be moving them outside. thanks again.
    & haha yeah the super big pencils