Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Waves of depression when really high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NeverMistakeMe, Jun 28, 2012.

1. It always happens to me, but overall being high is a good experience. I smoke about a quarter a week.

2. Means you got shit you need to deal with, but you aint alone. Hope all is good soon man. :)

3. [quote name='"izyice"']Means you got shit you need to deal with, but you aint alone. Hope all is good soon man. :)[/quote]

It's mostly just a hopeless, oppressive feeling. I always get through though because I remind myself it will be better when I come down a little lol.

4. happens to everyone man just gotta cool out maybe slow down on the smoking when you start to feel it come on.

5. Yes, my doctor told me that smoking all day, everyday can cause you to feel more depressed. I feel that if I've been smoking too much then I kinda' get myself down and start to think about depressing thing, can only have fun when I'm high, etc...

Just got to cool it for a while then go back at it. I always feel great after a T-break anyway.

6. Or smoke more...

Take a break if you think weed has something to do with the depression, though. Weed helps me no matter how much I smoke. If it had anything to do with making me feel worse, I would think twice.

7. #7 The Audion, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    Theres a huge thread about this. Mostly just make sure you: Drink water before and during, don't smoke on empty stomach, don't smoke to feel better just smoke to enhance good feelings. And not to preach but a quarter a week seems like a lot to me. maybe cut back just a hair.

do something when you smoke don't just sit there and say wow I'm anxious/depressed.

do you have a lot of things on your mind?
    maybe a brisk workout before you smoke to get those endorphins going.

8. You gotta slow down with the weed bro, sometimes it can make your depression worse, and your highs a nightmare. You got to deal with the depression on your own, with maybe a lil help from the ganj..but do whatever works for you.

9. Why should you not smoke on an empty stomach? I'll smoke on an empty stomach... full stomach... doesn't matter.

10. [quote name='"oldSCHOOL_toker"']Theres a huge thread about this. Mostly just make sure you: Drink water before and during, don't smoke on empty stomach, don't smoke to feel better just smoke to enhance good feelings. And not to preach but a quarter a week seems like a lot to me. make cut back just a hair.

do something when you smoke don't just sit there and say wow I'm anxious/depressed.

do you have a lot of things on your mind?[/quote]

There's just nothing to do when I'm alone at home, so I get bored and just smoke. Usually I'm out with my friends though....
    And yes there's a lot on my mind that's why I joined GC :p

11. if you have an empty stomach your blood sugar might get low.

its what I've heard anyway. maybe its not as big of a deal as i think it is.

I mean do something after you smoke like watch a movie/listen to music etc etc.

12. Stay occupied and have fun :)

13. I've heard that marijuana intensifies feelings. Which for me is true.
    The only times I've been bummed out while high is because I was already sad about something that was going on.

Take care of business, then toke up!