Watering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xcuz, Feb 21, 2013.

1. I plan on growing Auto Pounder from Auto Seeds this season, but I'm not entirely sure on how much water to use during vegetation and flowering.

The holes my Ocean Forest will be in are slight larger than 1 cubic foot. The plants will be getting full sunlight and will probably grow 2-5 ft. How much water should I start out with if I was going to water twice a week? 1/2 a gallon? gallon?

Also I the natural soil here has red clay in it considering it's Alabama so that may be a factor.

2. No one?

3. You water according to what your individual situation dictates. If someone here told you to water X amount and it was too high or too low, you'd blame them for giving you bad information! It takes a bit of practice to figure out what's over- and under-watering, but it really helps to have very aerated soil (I use 30% perlite in FFOF). It's very hard to over-water if there's enough air around the roots.

4. That all depends on a ton of things for a in the ground grow. The soil itself sucks water away from the actual watering site so I would just play it by ear look at your plant often and bring water.

You will figure it out. Enviromental conditions play the biggest role. You get 2 months without any rain at all then you know you will be watering. As the plant gets bigger its requirements for water grow.

5. Well, when I tested out my grow room I used about 8 ounces and it was enough water for 2 weeks, but with minimal conditions. So, I'm thinking maybe use about a liter once I transplant that 2 week old seedling outdoors and gradually increase once it gets bigger.