watering.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Luuke, Feb 14, 2013.

1. ok so the problem is i have transplanted my girl into a big pot from 10 to 30 gallons i watered her in to 25% run off the only problem is when i stick my moisture meter into the middle of the plants root base its dry but the rest of the soil around the roots are wet. should i water the middle of the plant or wait for the rest of the pot to become semi dry first cheers Luke.

2. Wait the roots will stretch to the water

3. the water will spread through the soil

4. Been a while since I was in dirt, but if you water, dont be afraid to do it little by little so as to saturate the medium evenly... If you just pour the solution in the medium, most of it will rush through the largest channels in the medium and out the bottom, never really saturating the entirety of the medium..

We practice this in coco on dripper, pulse feeding I believe is what its called..

g/l

5. thanks for the advice there is no wilting or any thing and she looks amazing. next time i water i will water slowly as so the entire media will be wet. probably be at last another week before any water cause the moisture meter is saying wet.

6. Try and get away from the meter, lift the pots and get used to knowing how much water is in the medium by contrasting the weight wet and dry containers...

Make sense? Ive sold over a million easy in grow gear and never once did I sell one of those on purpose...

7. I agree but I think he said these are now in 30 gallon pots? Be a little tricky with the lift test I'm thinking

8. Yeah, screw that.. keep the meter lol...

Never grown in containers that big! clones only... no more than 3g bags...

9. Yeah seems a little overkill but maybe these are in a greenhouse or something? Crazy huge scrog? Lol