Watering the Coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by GreenTiger, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hey Guys,

So I am going to be using 7gal smart pots with pure coco (and maybe a little perlite) and watering twice a day. (1 hour after lights on and 1 hour before lights off)

My question would be about how much should each plant get during each watering? 1 liter? 2 Liter? 3 liters? More? I know it can change depending on how much the plants are drinking but I'm just trying to get an estimate to determine the size of my reservoir.

Thanks!
    GT

2. Those are really big planters, you're growing some monsters!

I don't think you want to water right before lights out. Probably best to water right at lights on, and then again 6 to 8 hours later.

Don't water that much until the roots are totally set up though. You'll need to wait a few weeks before hitting that feeding schedule. This is probably a good schedule for mid flowering, but for early veg I think it is over kill.

I think you're going to need 3L for each watering to get the media saturated. The 4th liter would probably give you run off if you do a total of 8L per day, or about 1 gallon each time.

Honestly though, in a container that size I bet you could feed once every other day with good results too. Dry to saturated could be an easy 4 gallons of water inside so that'd make it easy to go on vacation for a few days without having a drip system in place.