Watering solution

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bud Smoker101, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Hey Yall! We'll I just started a grow not to long ago... It's been about a week since it sprouted and I was wondering since tap water can be unhealthy for the plant, do you think it would be alright to use filtered water such as water through a brita tap faucet device? It's been raining quite a bit here so it's been getting quite a bit of water but I'm going to start giving it nutrients in about a week so I was wondering if this water would be ok to use? Any help is much appreciated!

2. The brita water filter will help remove some of the particles, but you also have to be careful about the chlorine in tap water and some of the smaller stuff the brita filter can't catch. I would recommend using distilled water(any brand).

3. It all depends on the quality of your tap water to start with, some is pretty good and some it horrible, and everything in between.

I use filtered, it's a 2-stage inline filter on my drinking water line. I let it sit out 24 hours to evaporate chlorine, and it is absolutely fine. Can't tell you if yours will be OK or not. Distilled is the safest way to go.

4. Thanks guys! I'll probably just used distilled water...