Watering seedling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Patricia Clemons, Jan 6, 2019.

1. #1 Patricia Clemons, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Hello. Salutations. Greetings friends alike.

I am a but worried about either drying or overwatering my freshly sprouted seedlings.

This is my first grow you see, and here is where im at.

[​IMG]
    were 4ft below a 600w air cooled mh bulb.
    its about 80-81F in there now. If i turn lights off I can expect it to hit 65ish over night.

Perhaps i should turn the lights off overnight so i can wake up and assess the wetness level, would hate for anything critical to happen now.

Gave em another spritzing. soil is a bit wet so should be good! Felt dampness upon sticking it in. (my pinky that is)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. just water around the seed sprout try not ti get the stem wet,, water like that till seedling has its first set of true five fingered leaves..you'l know then that plant made more root and can have more water ,,,mac..

3. I use a spray bottle for a few days

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. same here, spray only until all danger of damaging seedling with too much water force. They love it when you spray them with silica and high N. I never top water seedlings. Spray only with Protek T and Foliage Pro and in 30 days you will have a pefect speciman to try your luck out on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thirds for the spray bottle. Not drenching the seedling with mist everytime, rather going easy around the sprout trying to mostly hit the soil, not the plant.

easy on the water,

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Any updates?

7. Made it to harvest. Transplanted with white healthy roots, however i suspect it could have been happier with less spritzing! :)

8. very Impressive :). i just planted my germinated seeds about 35 hours ago and they still didnt sprout. i think the taproots were too short to be put into the soil..

9. One question, did you turn your grow lights on even before the seedling sprouted? ive been hearing that the seedling doesnt need light when it hasnt sprouted

10. Red light wavelength penetrates soil like a half inch. not neccesary.

I had soaked my seeds in water overnight then placed them in damp soil and they took a few days before they popped.

Only gave them light when i could see that they popped.

Only reason for light would be if your in a cold area and your light is only thing keeping them warm ;)

@markthomson

11. Thanks, I think i will be using my lights to control the temperature. my cups are also transparent, will this harm the roots? Ive heard that roots dont grow when exposed to light.

12. #12 Patricia Clemons, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Best to grab a couple dollars and buy a pack of opaque pots or red solo cups.

Light and roots dont go together. Algae and likely other problems