watering question? please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tommynoble, May 20, 2010.

1. now i know that water is absolutely necessary when the plants are young, and i currently have 7 plants that i plan on growing under cfl for 2-ish months then going and putting them in the woods with some kind of spike...what should i do in regards to watering it when i put it in the woods? because it would be a pain in the ass and a lot of money needed for gas driving to my location to water it every day...

thanks in advance for anyone who helps :smoking:

2. You don't want to water every day. Once your plants get a few leaves on them, you want your soil to dry out on top so that the roots have to grow towards the water below them. Stick your finger about an inch into the soil, and if it feels wet, don't water. If it does, water until you get run-off. When you have them in the soil, drench the spot.

It's really hard to overwater in one sitting if you proper drainage, it's watering too often that causes problems.

3. this is correct what the guy said above me but this is just part of this life style time and dedication you can also set up an arrigation system or plant near a well or river . But i suggest to grow indoors because a cocksucker will eventually be walking in the woods that just so happens to be the biggest pot head and he steals your plant good luck.