Watering/Nutrients question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Motoxridah, May 23, 2011.

1. #1 Motoxridah, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    So I have a 3ft tall outdoor Nirvana Master Kush growing right now in it's 6th week of flowering. Some of the roots are coming to the surface, probably in search of water from what I read. I was watering it 2 gallons with Orchid Bloom (6-30-30) with one tbsp of molasses every 3-4 days apparently that's not enough. I think i'm going to switch the watering to 1 gallon everyday because it's in a huge pot. Should I still add one tbsp of Orchid Bloom to my gallon of water everyday or do you think that will cause nutrient burn? Digi cam is on it's way from amazon so we can get some pictures in here :smoke:

[​IMG]

2. just follow the instructions on the nutes and you should be fine. if its nonorganic then be weary of the high dosage because chemicals can burn, but if is organic then you would have to give the plants an extremely high dose to burn the plants.

3. Sorry for such an amateur question but what do you mean is it organic? I believe so it's grown in organic soil, I haven't added hormones or anything to it ever in it's life. I just use water, molasses, and that orchid bloom. Nothing else... does that make it organic? On the instructions of the nutes it says add one tbsp for every 1 gallon of water. But I think it might be a little overkill on the plant getting nutes everyday? I don't know.... hmm

4. #4 pointswest, May 23, 2011
    There should be a frequency of use for the suggested rates posted on the label as well as the rate of concentration. This is very strong, 6-30-30 means 66% of the ingredients in the product are NPK. I would use this at half rate until you know it can tolerate higher rates. Once a week would be a lot for fertilizers with this strength. Do not use this with every watering.

Your soil may have started organic, but you are using these synthetic water soluble fertilizers, so now your grow is not organic.

5. Thanks for the quick response, appreciate it. I will pay close attention to how my plant reacts to the new feeding schedule. It says your from Mountain High, is that in CA? I go snowboarding there all the time lol, very nice area.

6. Central Rockies

7. #7 Motoxridah, May 23, 2011
    Oh haha my bad, well there is still some bad ass snowboarding up there too.

I have decided I will feed my plant 1 gallon of water for 2 days and then on the 3rd day feed it 1 gallon with nutes and molasses in it. Then repeat those steps. That way it has 3 days to flush all the nutes it was fed out and will be ready to be nuted up again (at least I hope). We'll see how it goes, can't wait to get some good quality pics of my plant she's beautiful. This is my 2nd time growing.