watering advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tealeaves, Oct 22, 2009.

1. hi all

new grower here

i had a 1 litre spray bottle to water my plants

but its not soaking right through

is it okay to mix up 1 litre of water and put in 1ml of biobizz bio grow and pour the whole litre in to the plant pot

1 litre for each plant

is pouring the water in until the whole top of the soild is saturated the way to do it,, or should i spray the 1 litre in with the spraying bottle

thanks guys

2. hey dude, ive never had a need for spray bottles at any point, when it comes to watering let your soil dry out a good amount then give it a good soaking with whatever your watering untill you get some water running/dripping from the drainage holes then leave to dry out a good amount & repeat, this is just what i do & serves me well(& dont find urself watering so much!), MJ plants love to have their soil dry out somewhat between waterings

3. what i do and seems to work great! water plants til seeping out bottom they way all roots got enough water and nutes, you should water bout ever 2 to 4 dayz depending on the way the plants use the water but stick your finger in about fingernail deep and if it is dry then its time to water! you can always over water or under water so be very careful but you should know when to water it doesnt take a rocket scientist.

4. The posts so far in this thread are dead on. You can't water too much but you can water too often. Since I've done this a few times I'm trying to get away from "schedules" and go by "feel". When the pots feel lite lifting them up to me I water till I get runoff.

5. im with you on that lol, ive never used any schedules or set times/set amounts for watering etc, i just do it as & when needed

6. spraying the leaves with some nute enriched water after a week into flowering is a good idea. it's called foliar feeding or something.

7. thanks very much guys

ill give it ago and see how i get on