waterfall of the gods

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by OldNeptune, Nov 10, 2009.

1. #1 OldNeptune, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
    the thing is i don't have a camera but basically here's what i made today:

my prototype model is just an old nalgene bottle with a peanut butter jar secured to the lid (contour fits together perfectly ;)) with hot glue and super glue, then i drilled a hole for the downstem (metal zebra pen tubing) and the bowl chamber is an Airborne tube with a cheap slider stuck into it :rolleyes:

the percs are also zebra pen tube segments

basically it filters the smoke three times and you just remove the entire peanut butter jar with the downstem stickin' out if it to take the hit :hello:

i'm looking for more durable materials but i just wanted to share a concept and be the first to say that this design is extremely effective and probably the smoothest hit a waterfall can possibly give...even with this stuff i have...dryest weed ever (again no pics :eek:)

EDIT: more accurate picture, not high while drawing it

Attached Files:

2. dude thats sick! It took me a minute to figure out the engineering but after that damn! I love homemade pieces and this looks like you put alot of time into it. Hope it works as well as it looks! Happy smoking!

3. haha thank you, i have to say i'm pretty darned proud of it hehe :smoke::smoke:

4. so you just take your hit out of the water hole or you slurp it out of the top of the jar or what? I'm assuming your mouth can't fit over the entire top of the pb jar.

5. i say a GB is alot better than a waterfall just since you dont have to waste as much water and time

6. Pretty sick! I'm gonna go make one now.

7. haha you just unscrew the bottle lid which is glued to the bottom of the pb jar (which contains the bowl, perc and downstem) but yeah that's actually the problem with the materials i have, you can't really make a seal between the bottle and your mouth...and believe me it's really awkward to try haha

i'm looking for glass/metal components to eliminate all the plastic but i mean hey, it still works fantastically and it's amazing to watch in action:smoke:

8. This is pretty cool, but what did you use for the first water chamber; the one connected to the bowl?...maybe I just didn't catch it

9. I would probably just make a mouth piece using the lid of the nalgen bottle thing. Like attatch a smaller mouth piece to the lid so you can just pop it on and not lose any smoke

10. If i was in your dilemna I'd just cup my hands tight around the lid and suck through there, that should avoid losing most smoke.

11. Put a sports cap on the side or top that you can seal it off with. You light the bud and let the water out. Then pop the sports cap and suck it out.

12. or just get a straw LoL

13. gravity bongs are way better. but kudos to the sick design man

14. diagram almost reminds me of the Vortex. enjoy those percs. im bout to enjoy mine, if you catch my drift ;)

15. ^Haha, that's a sick homemade man, great design!

16. Lets have a video of that thing in action! Cell phone?

17. thanks for the comments, yon blades :wave:

i used an "airborne" container (vitamin supplement) which is just a 1''-diameter 4''-long tube with an airtight sealed lid so i can easily change the water :D

haha i dig, i dig fella enjoy it! :smoking: i made a vortex awhile back, too, but the valve i used was just too small and took too long to set up. it worked though and looked alright...have to see if i can dig up a picture of that thing...

haha i'm working on it! i lost my reg phone (with a nice camera) about a month ago and until i get a new one i have the crappiest piece of crap phone right now, maybe one of my friends can take a pic with his phone and email it to me or something hahah, but never fear i will soon...somehow...get a pic or video of it :wave:

18. Sorry for the necro, but I'm interested to know if anyone has improved the quality of this waterfall since about a year has passed? I'm in the process of making one, but I usually just end up saying "fuck it" and make a quick 'reverse g-bong.'

I'll post a picture of my design and finished products.