Watered plant with vinegar and dish soap

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Deepthree, Dec 15, 2014.

1. I had some vinegar and soap in a bottle to spray my peppers with cause they have bugs and I accidentally water my plant with it. Will it be okay? I poured a lot of water through it to try to get as much out but I still think it may be fucked

2. update in a week please

3. It was pretty diluted but I'm just worried about the ph of the vinegar

4. Don't get stoned before tending to your girls next time, maybe? Sure it's fine, just watch out for the signs of pH imbalance, if you sprayed it on the leaves than I would spray it down with some neutral pH water to wash it off.

5. Last night I had told myself not to water the plants with the bottle then this morning there was no water in any of the cups I use to water so I just grabbed the bottle like I usually do when I'm out

6. It goes without saying, don't do that again.  :eek:

7. The plant looks fine and I washed the soil of its roots and repotted it and put it under some new lights so everything's good

8. Done that many times, she hardly noticed, aye? Well done.  :yay:

9. You washed the soil off her roots....lol, why not just give her a small flush?

Chef.

10. I gave her a flush but when I transplanted the soil was really wet and stuck to the roots so I just rinsed it off and repotted

11. Only transplant when soil is dry and ready to be re watered.
    This way the soil is all stuck togther and protects your roots as you transplant.

By transplanting dry it also allows you to water all the soil in after you have transplanted.

Next time just wait a few days, no need to wash her roots and stress here from you breaking/damaging them etc.

Chef.