water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by reahound, Jul 6, 2008.

1. need info about useing tap water on my plants!can i use vinger 2 bring down the ph and how low should i hav the ph and wat else should i do!

2. You need to start reading. You havnt given us anything to go off of.

3. Do not use household products to control your pH... use Hydro products.
    pH should be 5.8
    Tap water works but is a hassle - use RO

What else should you do? READ READ READ.

4. You can use tap water, but unless you have a reverse osmosis system you have to let it sit out for like 24-48 hours for the chlorine to evaporate out of it, if your on city water. Otherwise just pH balance and water away. Depending if your doing hydro or not, 5.8 is optimal pH for hydro, 6.3-6.8 for soil.

5. thanx 4 the info.

6. I use tap water, let it sit for a day as knoxis says to let the chlorine disperse. pH of it? , no idea. I wouldn´t bother with trivia like that unless using hydroponics, which never seem to yield many ounces per plant anyway.

7. 80% of my first soil grow used tap which sat out for 24-48hrs and was always PHed,especially when nutes were added and even more so when using R/O.and adding nutes as this will pull the PH out of range.

Plants need a range of PHed water/solution to use many micro nutes effectively,if the water is out of this range for long the plant can become deficient in some important micros which can effect other ones as well.

5-6 for dro and 6-7 for soil is close enough,but remember a range of PH is better than the same PH every time.

Hydro PH-up/down is always safe but there is other stuff which is good and bad so do the research first if using other stuff.