Water with light on or off

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stevie23, May 17, 2017.

1. Hi I was wondering when people advise to water my haze plant. As in lights on or off. And what are your reasons for this.

2. Water when almost dry...don't worry about lights

3. Yeah that's what I thought but there's so many people say different things. I've figured to just trial and error and take as much advice from these forums and teach myself. I've had to take some leafs off today as the buds weren't getting enough light. As I'm only using a 250w cfl red light for flower and the lights not hitting the bottom am I okay to use a normal lamp and bulb to brighten bottom foliage areas

4. Only feeding not needing light would be foilar feeding light will make the droplets into magnifying glasses

5. And yes its ok to use more light

6. Hey, just want to say...water with the lights on.
    The plants have pores called stomata that they can open and close. They open to allow CO2 in for photosynthesis; water evaporates out as a consequence. Since the plant is not photosynthesizing at night, it has no need for CO2, and closes the stomata. Since the stomata are closed, water doesn't evaporate out. The plant does perform cellular respiration at night, though, so at least some water is used. Probably not enough to worry about as far as the plants being deprived overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. I personally have always watered with the lights on, so I set my timers to be on during the times when I know I can get to them. I don't know an actual reason other than possible light leak to flowering plants, but I generally don't mess with them while they are sleeping, I know I don't like being woke up early.