Water temperature is 5 degrees Celsius

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sanez, Feb 15, 2018.

1. #1 Sanez, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    I just had the thought to guage the temp of my water (growing in soil) and it's 5 Celsius coming from the tap (no hot water access). Can't believe I didn't think of this until now. Is this really suboptimal? I'm already half way through flowering...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I really don't speak Celsius but google tells me 5C = 41F.
    It is my understanding it should be between 60-75F (having more oxygen at the lower end).

*edit* Heat it up in a big pot on the stove top.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I use an aquarium heater in my res.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. How much of a difference should I expect from watering with the correct temperature (increasing by 20-30 degrees F)? Will the frequency of watering go up? May there be potential swings in pH or available nutrients?

Thanks for the suggestions! I have an aquarium heater so might use that in a large bucket.

5. It may not make any difference whatsoever, I really don't know.
    I do know that when using tap water, it most always contains chlorine, which is bad.
    I fill gallon jugs and allow them to sit, uncapped, 24-48 hours. This allows the chlorine to dissipate, evaporate, whatever... it goes away after a while.
    An additional benefit of doing this is that it will allow the water to get closer to room temp.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've done this now as well as let it sit out for 24-48 hours. Thanks for the tips.

At least anecdotally they seem to be happier. The tops are getting really dense and falling over. This is even after having spider mites during flower. About a month left to go I think... Can't wait! :D

1518918213915.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do we know the strain?