Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Water pipes to the U.S.?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tectonic420, Nov 24, 2011.

1. I have ordered from both Grasscity (Holland based) and Uk based shops with no problem. I live in Texas.

2. [quote name='"washedmothafuka"']

Sorry...I don't pay attention to what websites label their pipes as...I go to local headshops and buy pieces.

Idk how referring to a waterpipe as a bong on a stoner forum makes me dumb...especially when there is no "customs" on here to make sure my post doesn't get confiscated for labeling waterpipes wrong.

As for OP....I wouldn't get that piece...that's just me. Spend a few extra bucks and get a small portable....water...pipe.[/quote]

Wait what? I don't care if you call it a bong here lol. Some of the first posters (maybe you, too lazy to check) were acting like the op was dumb for worrying about bongs in the us. Fact is that bongs are illegal, and I've seen two headshops that got closed down because they weren't careful with labeling them waterpipes instead of bongs.

This is an anonymous forum, and you can say bong all you want. Weed too. Marijuana. W.e....

3. Well sadly, I'm getting mixed feelings about the GC shop from reading the other forum, it sounds like 60% of the time people are having more trouble getting their orders than it's worth, although the 40% is overwhelmingly happy. Therefore I don't know what to do.. Perhaps I will just stick with my local headshop, at least you have it when you walk out.

4. [quote name='"Tectonic420"']Well sadly, I'm getting mixed feelings about the GC shop from reading the other forum, it sounds like 60% of the time people are having more trouble getting their orders than it's worth, although the 40% is overwhelmingly happy. Therefore I don't know what to do.. Perhaps I will just stick with my local headshop, at least you have it when you walk out.[/quote]

Keep in mind the people that don't get their order are ALWAYS going to post and rant about it. 99% of people who get their order in a reasonable manner will go about their lives and never post.

So it is extremely unlikely you'll go through any trouble at all. Much less than 60%

5. Yeah, everytime I read a post from RMJL it gives me hope because she (he?) is very polite and very confident in the GC store, by the same token people who rant about it are many a time impatient and not willing to wait for their item to (say) return to sender etc. to rant So I don't know, I think long and hard about ordering anything online just because the internet is a slippery place and kind of intangible if you think about it. As of right now, I still plan on ordering from GC though, and I will decide for myself whether they are awesome or what, but judging from the community they sound pretty awesome!! =D anyway keep on :bongin:

Edit: By slippery I mean all the code that runs in the background and produces the end product we see, more directed towards viruses etc. then the shop.

6. They're amazing for their price. Sure, there's certain pieces and brands I wish they had, but holy crap if you're looking for a deal, here is the place to go.

I'm considering ordering one of the glasscity pieces (125 and 150 for the bubbler and bong respectively), because with 30% off you're getting an insane deal on some quality glass. There's plenty of others of course, but there's also brands id stay away from.

7. Yeah, the 30% off is what has me looking so hard although, with my income at the moment I can't spend too much, that's why I am looking at the piece I am (on previous page) but the Glasscity bubbler is really awesome looking would love to get it, maybe another time I will!

8. go the bubblicious bong man, i got mine last week and it's amazing :bongin:

OP, i can assure you that unsatisfied customers are in the minority at GC. that thread has quite a few because it's the place people go to find answers. there are always going to be hundreds of customers who don't post about their good experience because they can't be bothered to post.

9. Who is the Bubblicious bong made by?
    And as for most people being satisfied I agree. Also something RMJL said stuck with me "We would not have been able to stay in buisness 11 years if we were out to scam people." And I agree with that wholeheartedly. I also have the nature that gives a person (or company, etc) my trust until they prove otherwise. You know?

10. [quote name='"Tectonic420"']Who is the Bubblicious bong made by?
    And as for most people being satisfied I agree. Also something RMJL said stuck with me "We would not have been able to stay in buisness 11 years if we were out to scam people." And I agree with that wholeheartedly. I also have the nature that gives a person (or company, etc) my trust until they prove otherwise. You know?[/quote]

Glasscity does, which is grasscitys own brand I think. Its supposedly 7mm all around with a very nice double diffuser. For 150 with 30% off that's a fuckton of function for the price.

I'm debating between that and a stemline from smiley.

11. Ah, well when I go to the Glasscity only, I only see the bubbler, no bong =/ So I don't know what's up with that. Could you link it by chance?

12. [quote name='"Tectonic420"']Ah, well when I go to the Glasscity only, I only see the bubbler, no bong =/ So I don't know what's up with that. Could you link it by chance?[/quote]

I'm on my phone right now so I can't unfortunately, but search bubblicious, or look in glass bongs with 7mm glass, and you can narrow the price to w.e one includes 149.99

13. I've ordered bongs off here before, it's fine. There's even a sticker on the box saying its passes through customs.

14. My thoughts, exactly.

Precisely. And you were right the first time -- Rummy is a "she." :)

Definitely, just like reviews you'll read anywhere. Look at Yelp's reviews of local restaurants or Amazon's reviews of products. People that are bitching about something will almost ALWAYS come back to do so, whereas people who are satisfied (or better) don't always leave feedback.

Yep, Glasscity is GC's "house brand." I believe their stuff is made by SNOB and/or EHLE, but there may be other reputable companies involved too.