Water, how much is too much

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lynnebern, Dec 16, 2010.

1. I have a plant that is about 18 inches tall in a 2 gallon pot. It has been in that pot for about 3 months.
    Should I get a larger pot?
    Could the roots be bound up?
    How often should I water it?
    I ask because the lower leaves are starting to die. It also seems to never stop flowering. How long should this cycle last?
    Thanks for helping out a newbie.:confused:

2. Wow, hard to tell what's going on with your situation. The plant is in flowering now? For how long? Are you harvesting? Do you know how to tell when to harvest? If it's already budding, why are questions about watering and such coming up now?

Your plant probably is rootbound. Post some pics, that'll help.

For watering, water thoroughly when you do and then not at all again until the soil dries out a bit.

Read the stickies, they have tons of answers to common newbie questions already there for you.

3. sounds rootbound to me but as toasty said, we dont have any info on your grow. :confused:

4. I started growing the seed in August. Since then I have moved it from a Dixie cup to a half gallon pot and now to the 2 gallon pot a couple of months ago. I typically water it until I see the water coming out the bottom of the pot about once a week. So, the soil seem to be damp most of the time. Hey, I said I was NEW at this. I chopped the top most branch off about a month ago and I was told that it was pretty good stuff. It is still getting new growth of the little white hiars on the ends of the bunches(I assume that means it's still budding).:confused:
    I am not harvesting. The last time I did was about a month ago.
    Wanted to see if I could keep it going until next year and if it would get bigger.
    Could it be too cold? I keep it in the garage at night. Temperatures have been in the low 50s.
    Thank you very much for getting back to me. Any help I get is great!:wave: