Water height

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ohioguy, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Hey i have a water question, how much do i need to add for a bubbleponics? Does the roots need to submerged in water or do they need to dangle and just have 5 inches if water in the tub? thx..

2. The roots may submerged in the nutrient solution.

3. yep, usually most fill to about 1-3" below the bottom of the net pot...if your starting with rooted clones or something that need's a start, them fill about 1/4 to 1/2" above the bottom of your pot until root's are big enough to drop water level...
    with rockwool and sure to grow, you can just hand water often to get them going but hydrodon rock does not wick very good or store water good so you almost need a drip or fill up past the bottom of the cup to get root's started..

4. My understanding is that if the roots are immersed in water it's hydroponics and if they're in water and it's oxygenated by an aquarium air pump that's bubblepoincs. If they're suspended in air and regularly sprayed or misted with nutrients and kept damp it's aeroponics, (Something developed in the 80's by the Italians). Then there's a compromise of the two: Aerogardens start out as an aeroponics system where the seeds and roots are trickled on with oxygenated nutrients until the roots reach and enter the water where they become hydroponics. Folks, please correct me if I'm wrong.

5. all of those are form's of "hydroponic's" aero, etc..there still hydroponic's or growing plant's in water ...simply put...

Air stones are in every sytem's res for better o2 level's and less ph problem's..
    bubbleponic's are not a real type of hydro..it's all called DWC..
    or deep water culture..
    root's that are grown in water..bubbles or not..if the root's are under water..it's dwc...if it flood's and drain's..its ebb and flow..
    and you are spot on what aero is:)..
    but they are all system's of hydroponic's..