Water from Lakes/Ponds/Streams/Rivers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DoctorDank, May 19, 2009.

1. My spot is about a 20 minute walk from the closet spot I can park but probably 5-10 minutes away is a small (3 foot wide, 3 foot deep) slow moving stream/brook that would be much easier to get water from. The water looks clear and is moving. What are the "rules" on taking water from sources and using them on your plants? Should you test the pH? Anything else I can check to make sure it won't harm my plants? Thanks!

2. As long as its running it should be all set to water with. It doesnt matter if it has any dead animals in it because it wont affect the plants.

3. you have to be careful because alot of creeks have runoff from streets and all kinds of things (bad fertilizers, oil ,gas,etc,and many other harmful substaces)find there way to the creek

4. There are fertilizers on streets? You got some weird ass streets then

5. ive always watered wth pond water and sometimes the pond gets pretty nasty when its been dry for awhile. my ganja always turns out sweet and stinkey so im sure your stream will be great.

6. hell yea man. Use that water untill its gone

7. my plants are right next to a creek i use that water for main watering of my plants. has alot of very helpful nutrients.

8. Meh, I have a sink and it rains...

9. Your stream water will be great for watering since its most likely near a pH of 7 and contains a lot of trace minerals and nutrients from the stuff that falls into it especially leaves. Just balance the pH with some lemon juice or vinegar and water with it.

10. Natural springs are amazing for growing marijuana, if you find one then your extremely lucky, i now about one in my town but im not growing next to it. Springs have many trace minerals and has fresher water than most bottled and tap water.