Water Curing First Try

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by A.Friend.Indeed, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Well the math does add up but I do agree that it is a false claim that it increases potency just because it's making it weigh less but have the same amount of thc.

Their math was 100g dry bud with 15% thc after water cure will now weigh 70g because of all the solubles dissolved in it but still have the 15% thc from the 100g... so in their weird math they think that means it increases potency. And I guess it does by weight but I wouldnt think of this method like that..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Theres a purpose to having weed that doesnt smell like weed as stated above..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Almost.. it's the fact that those solubles have weight and your taking that weight out of the buds but the same amount of thc remains

• Like Like x 1
  4. I guess to play devils advocate, why would someone go through this process and achieve something much less potent than something like THCa isolate or other concentrates that don’t have a “weed” smell at all, and also have top tier potency (90+%) THC?

5. Thanks for the replies aswell guys

6. The only real beneficial thing you're losing with the water cure are terpenes and it's not making it less potent at all. Thc isnt soluble so it all stays on the buds.

Honestly it's just an experiment to see what kind of smoke it is compared to those distillate pens and all that concentrate stuff... if it has a nice smoke to it I would much prefer to smoke a joint that a vape pen. I'm vaping all day on nicotine juice anyways lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. You’ve peaked my interest assuredly.

I’ll definitey follow along if you perhaps do this experiment on your own :)

8. It's nice to have different options and alternatives when you smoke as much as I do Haha... get sick of distillate pens, smoke a odorless joint...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I do a lot of the water cure heres how:

I place my bud in a 10 liter pail and fill with warm/tepid water

important as you don't wanna loose those fragile trics

I change the water every day gently like again re fill with warm water

I only soak for 4 days after 4 days it turn to mush tho you can still dry it out and toke

I then and hang to dry like sox ..lol

note some serious color green and chems smells are emitted and it don't look nice

but you can get better with pratice

the deal really is to keep them trics attached to the material

and yet loose the green color lol

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  10. A thought I just had. The water are used to “wash” the bud in. Use it to make bubble hash

11. I have another method to consider, if changing the smell and even the appearance are a big factor.
    It's called Malawi Cob Curing. It requires vac bags and heat - that's all. You will retain all the goodies that you might lose to the water curing.

Experiments in Curing Cannabis

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. I like this! Ik ive seen it somewhere bc I remember the pic with it wrapped up from somewhere. I’ll read thru that thread all the way today. Have u tried it? I’m down for trying whatever with this bag seed shit! The nxt to that come out I’m trying the washing. Which I have a question about. Is the lemon juice and baking w.e a must. If I got a bucket or two of room temp water and put stem between palms and bud I water and “make a fire” type motion with hands to agitate the buds In water wouldn’t that get all the debris off? What does the juice and baking soda or powder do?

13. Yes I have tried the Cob cure. In the link I sent, it shows a basic way to make them.

What you are referring to is called bud washing. I think this method applies mostly to outdoor growers, being outside you will always have some dust, debris, etc in your buds. I do not recommend this style, with all the additives in the water and hot/cold jazz...potentially damaging IMO.
    What I do is hang branches on a line outside, set my hose to the mist setting, and thoroughly wash all the buds. Debris falls off onto the ground.
    I would use Hydrogen peroxide @1C/per 5gallons water for a dunk on any bud that shows PM or is suspect in any way. This will kill the nasties, and the HP turns to O2 and evaporates.

14. I may do that in shower. Id end up on news hanging my buds outside on line to hose off lol. Oh ik I got dust on my plants. I can see it build up on the fans in tent and I keep door open a lot with a fan in room blowing in. I’ve pick dust build up off them b4 lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. I’m water curing my whole harvest except about an eighth. I didn’t notice if anyone answered your question about if the weed is already pretty clean would it take less than the recommended 7 days?

I decided to try this finally because I felt I did everything perfect. I even hung dried the whole plant in tact to make it dry slow. It smelled awesome when I chopped but since I didn’t wait for the stems to snap, it was jarred slightly wet. That is weird because I have a calibrated hygrometer that works just fine give me a 55% rh reading after 24 hours. But the bud was definitely wetter than that.

Anyway, I hope this method works because I am sick of shitty tasting weed. Plus I can smoke it in the house when everybody goes to bed. That’s what’s up.

Oh and does anybody know if since I fully dried them before water cure, would they water cure faster?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I’ve done a decent amount of research on water cheering and water washing to clean your buds unless you want to take away a lot of the smell of your buds I would just do a wash

17. Well I have to smoke in the garage and it’s 10f outside. The wife can’t stand the smell of weed either. Plus I have kids getting into their teens. They ain’t stupid anymore lol. But the biggest pro I can see are the huge rips I can take and not choke and have people ask me if I’m okay lmao. Veins popping out everywhere on my neck and forehead, phlegm flying outta my mouth, and people you’re blazing with get sick of that shit after every hit. Im that guy who pulls all the resin down in a blunt lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  18. This guy Vostok is on like every weed growing site and seems to know what he’s talking about. I’m surprised to see he does water curing. So if he does it, it has to be pretty legit. Makes me feel like I did the right thing. YES!

19. I feel u. I cough and hack a lot also. I FILL my lungs! Also kids/teens. They knew waaaay b4 now lol. Mine is 6 and will be like “what’s that’s smell daddy” r u smoking again. They don’t know the name of it but they do the smell lol. I’ll be very interested in seeing how it turns out!