Water Curing First Try

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by A.Friend.Indeed, Feb 9, 2019.

1. #1 A.Friend.Indeed, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    I wanted to try water curing because apparently it takes the smell out of the bud and for stealth purposes I would appreciate that sometimes..

I just harvested a plant and I trimmed up a bit to experiment with. Put it in a bowl with water placed the same bowl on top to weigh down buds.

I'm on my second day and I've changed the water a few times but I havent really got any green color in the water, some particulates but that's it..

I grow fully organic. I make my own amended soil, my current soil I am on my 7th cycle with, reamended lightly every grow.

The plant these buds came from got nothing but water the entire grow, just an auto.. jammy dodgers from mephisto genetics

Is it possible I'm not getting any green water because my buds are already very clean from the way I grow? Do I still have to keep it in the water for 7 days regardless of water color? How long does it take for all of the unwanted solubles to be dissolved? I am doing this for stealth no smell smoke so I'm guessing the longer in water the better to dissolve more terps and shit?

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Because people always love pictures..

20190206_155812.jpg
    20190206_161222.jpg
    20190209_033350.jpg

3. If it takes away the smell wouldn't that mean it takes away the terpenes? Or am I a dummy? Seeing buds sitting in water is too alarming for a eastsider.

4. Wow ive never seen or heard of this. Can i ask when you say no smell smoke do you mean when you burn it to smoke the smoke has no smell. Or do you mean the buds will have no smell. Can i also ask where you found this method. How will you dry them after the 7 days.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Theres a bunch of guides out there but I found this one to be the most comprehensive..
    https://www.hailmaryjane.com/water-curing-weed/

It's supposed to take away all smell distinguishable to weed and make it a super smooth smoke. Also for those health conscious people it strips the buds of all solubles including terps right down to the bud and unsoluble resins.

I wouldn't ever do this to all my buds, i love the taste and smell but I want to give it a try for some stealth smoke..

6. Yeah the math don't work on that.

7. It is very interesting but the example used that says it makes it more potent doesn't add up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I’m with porky.

Should just wash your buds then dry and cure like everyone else :)

9. Nvr heard on anyone washing bud b4 dry/cure. Have heard ALOT about water curing. Ppl who do it says it works well

• Like Like x 2
  10. When they say “more potent” I don’t think they mean it raises thc count I believe they mean water curing removes mor unwanted substances which makes the thc “more pure”

11. Used to be very diligent about washing my outdoor crops. Got lazy after this year but after the rain came in on one my crops this year late season, and inadvertently washed one of my crops, man it was some of the cleanest rosin I pushed out all year.

So as many have said and in the past, washing your buds is a such a great thing to do. Obviously you have to dry them out a little longer than normal but handled with care, the end product is top notch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hmmm, how do u wash them? Just gently run water over them? May give it a try

13. Another question about it. Last harvest I over dried bc I was sick and didn’t wanna trim. I was told once too dry curing in jars does nxt to nothing. Do u think if one Over dried buds that water curing would still work?

14. Here you go ZEROBS
    Bud Washing

I used to have a link for this website too where they had a in-depth explanation but DocBud does good stuff too.

Once you see what kinda nasties you remove from your washed buds usually people don’t ever go back.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Imma try it with some. But i LOVE LOVE LOVE those different taste and smells that come along with smoking!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I think you may be getting the wrong impression with the washing.

No terpenes or nug aroma is being diminished, in fact, it may actually be preserved better because you are ridding the nuggage of all dust particles, bug shit, etc.

In SoCal where I’m at, we get really good winds and you can only imagine the dirt and shit that gets blown around.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I like his way better then soaking them for 7 days lol. Imma try it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Soaking the buds is a whole other can of worms :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Damn I just woke up. I am confusing it with water curing! Reading “washing” didn’t kick in till I just read ur post! Lmao

20. yeah actually ZEROBS, to get a little more into it, after you wash them you let them sit in indirect light for a day or so until you hang dry, and cure as normal.

In one of the posts about bud washing one of the authors explains how there is still some photosynthesis or something occurring within the trichomes still and the nugs actually benefit a bit from the indirect sun. I don’t know if that’s been substantiated with hard evidence or not; however, I like to think that the nugs love the washing and always tend to be fluffier and cleaner smoke than the nugs I didn’t wash.